New to Android and just got a Captivate! Newb questions...a little overwhelmed

Tenacious--M

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I am new to Android and just got a Captivate. I understand its pretty glitchy with the Samsung software and am wondering about a couple of things:

1. I hear a lot about rooting. What does this actually do for me? Is this loading a new Rom? Or are those two seperate things?

2. Which is the best software Rom to load on it with the best performance and least glitches? Is getting stock 2.2 Froyo on it an option or does it have to have the TouchWiz interface?

3. Whats the easiest way to load it?

4. Can I save the stock Samsung ROM in case I need to return and replace my captivate (warranty)?

This will definitely get me started in the right direction. Thank you!

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Do get you started in the right direction you really need to search this forum and xda. Please do that before doing anything because you will find the answer to your questions. The second benefit of searching and reading before doing things to your phone is you will be able to understand what you are doing and why, and how to recover in an unfortunate event. I don't spoon feed so I hope this helps.

summersrl

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Do get you started in the right direction you really need to search this forum and xda. Please do that before doing anything because you will find the answer to your questions. The second benefit of searching and reading before doing things to your phone is you will be able to understand what you are doing and why, and how to recover in an unfortunate event. I don't spoon feed so I hope this helps.

Sheez. Chill dude. He didn't ask you specifically. No need to bite him with such vengeance.

Reactions: Johnly

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sheez. Chill dude. He didn't ask you specifically. No need to bite him with such vengeance.

Haha, how is your post helpful compared to mine? I told the guy to search and read, which is necessary when you are new to Android. I was brand new to Android myself in August and reading is the only way I was able to do what I have to my phone. So my advice is perfectly fine for his situation. And why bring back a thread that is a couple weeks old as your first post? Just curious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer