titanium backup = fail

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
or maybe it is me...

this is the 3rd rom that i have flashed while using tibu. i backup user apps, then copy the tibu backup file to my computer. once i flash the rom, i copy the tibu backup file to my phone. then i go back to tibu & restore apps and data. this is the 3rd time that my apps and folders don't come back correct. some of my apps are gone and some of them don't work.

WTF AM I DOING WRONG!?!?!?!?!?! this is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like trying different roms, but it takes me a week to get back to square one.

thanks for any light you can shed on my frustration.

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i can see the apps in tibu, but they have a line through them. i have tried to restore them with no luck. any ideas?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
or maybe it is me...

this is the 3rd rom that i have flashed while using tibu. i backup user apps, then copy the tibu backup file to my computer. once i flash the rom, i copy the tibu backup file to my phone. then i go back to tibu & restore apps and data. this is the 3rd time that my apps and folders don't come back correct. some of my apps are gone and some of them don't work.

WTF AM I DOING WRONG!?!?!?!?!?! this is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like trying different roms, but it takes me a week to get back to square one.

thanks for any light you can shed on my frustration.

You get better at getting back to square one.

That said, once you get humpty dumpty back together again, delete your current Titbu folder, and then BATCH-BACKUP ALL USER APPS (do not backup data).

Then copy off the new Titbu folder like you have been. When you restore, use BATCH-RESTORE MISSING APPS WITH DATA.

I have noticed that the backup folder can start causing restore weirdness if it got too old (I do not know the real cause), so I do the re-create method above when I notice it acting up. Also, please note that Titbu only does USER apps. If some of the apps in question are loaded with the rom in its system folder, Titbu cannot get those. These would be ones that came with the rom, not ones you installed. It SHOULD get all the ones you installed.

If you purchased Titbu, then the only additional step that I do when loading a new ROM, is to connect to the market and download the purchased license for Titbu to make the restore option a click and forget operation.

Good luck.

Reactions: rouxster

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
yes, when i click on restore it ask me if i would like to restore. there is no button to push yes or no. crazy stuff man.

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
and to add to the frustration, i tried to re-add one of the lined out apps from appbrain, and it says "installed". haha. good times.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
yes, when i click on restore it ask me if i would like to restore. there is no button to push yes or no. crazy stuff man.

It doesn't ask you about app or app and data? That's what I get. Are you getting TB from the market or are you just sideloading the app? If you're sideloading, you may need to update the app.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That's the version I have. Give that a try, otherwise I'm not sure what's up. Has this happened after multiple backups (backup app, flash ROM, redownload app and backup again, etc.)?

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i'll give it a try. it has happened each time i have flashed a rom. frustrating, but you are right...you get good at moving stuff around. haha

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
well, that didn't work either. oh well. now i'm going through each app on tibu and reloading them. looks like i'm going to get to see how much better battery life is with firefly. haha. thanks for your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress