Rooting Trouble

HiVuhltage

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
My Captivate is running the the latest Galaxy S 2.3.5 leak. My phone appears running just fine (other than wallpapers being off-centered). I was wondering how I can root my phone since the rooting programs I've tried work properly on a Captivate running 2.2 (Froyo) and lower? The programs I tried were One-Click Root/Unroot and Super One Click by ShortFuse. Also when I try to root my phone, I get the "E:signature verification failed" message, even when I was running Froyo. Maybe I'm not doing something right? What can I do? Help me out please.

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
There was supposedly a version 2.02 of Superoneclick that could deal with the signed Recovery. Which version did you try? Look for the newer one if you tried one of the older before.

Otherwise, the best way I know to root is to flash a CWM compatible kernel using Odin and Download mode. The root solutions might work then as the Recovery is unlocked, or, you could just flash a Custom ROM that has root already. Anything but the actual leak will do that for you.

HiVuhltage

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
There was supposedly a version 2.02 of Superoneclick that could deal with the signed Recovery. Which version did you try? Look for the newer one if you tried one of the older before.

Otherwise, the best way I know to root is to flash a CWM compatible kernel using Odin and Download mode. The root solutions might work then as the Recovery is unlocked, or, you could just flash a Custom ROM that has root already. Anything but the actual leak will do that for you.

At the risk of sounding stupid, what you're basically saying is that I can't root the leak? If so that's all I need to hear.

KenZ33

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You need the Fugu root. Go to XDA Developers and search for it. It requires you to flash the root (if you've already flashed to Gingerbread, this is a small & easy flash).

Good Luck. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87