Compatible with Exchange 2007???

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

I got my captivate a couple weeks ago, and would like to be able to get my work email. My company uses Exchange 2007. The IT guys don't want to help me out too much, as officially they aren't supposed to help people hook up their personal phones to work email. Anyway, they said they would give me minimal help, but they were afraid that Android 2.1 is not compatible with Exchange 2007. They wanted me to confirm before even trying.

Can anyone verify if it is or is not compatible with Exchange 2007?

Thanks very much.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Same here. We use Exchange 2007 and I get instant push to my phone. for the incoming server, I have to set the webmail.XXXXXX.XXX server name.

The server guys need to have synch enabled on the server.

Max69

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It also works with ActiveSync. The admin will have to enable ActiveSync for your mailbox, and you'll need to know the server name.

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
OK thanks guys. I'll have to talk with the IT guys. Not sure how hesitant they are going to be yet.

Don't know what this means, but the guys who have company iphones, have their company email pushed to a gmail account. Not sure why. Are iphones not compatible with Exchange?

One last question (for now), are you using the stock email app, or something like TouchDown?

Last edited:

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
We are running exchange 2007 here and I have no issues connecting via OWA.

Is this where you log into a web based email page to access your email? I can do this, using the phone's browser. But it is not nearly as convenient as having it pushed to the phone directly.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Captivate has extensive exchange 2007 support, including enforced security policy, and remote wipe.

Works like a charm. Try "touchdown" app for better searching of the global address list.

Hope this helps,

AoN.

mrputzy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks again guys. I got the server info from IT, plugged it in, and it works great. Emails, contacts, calender all synced no problems at all. Just how it shoudl be. Now if I could only get my home email (Road Runner) to work so well....

Thanks again.