USB Driver

frenzy757

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
does this mean you want to connect your Phone to your Tab via Micro USB to the Samsung cable?

Can you do that and run lets say, PDANet from your phone to tablet?

dthompson428

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, pretty new at this adroid stuff. I am trying to connect the phone to my pc to run the sideloader so that I can load the siriusxm radio app. My device manager shows no driver but when I run driver mendor it says the driver is up to date????? I thought I could download right from Samsung but could not find a driver on their site. thx!

dthompson428

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
thx all. finally got it done. It was the usb driver; I found it on att cellphones website. Wasted $30 on driver mendor...didn't help a bit. Now I need to see why I don't have any rock channels or football games. Probably restricted by sirius. I was able to download the app to my phone but could not install due to att blocks. Thx again!

AmsDiane

Oct 7, 2010
amsdiane.blogspot.com
I installed the drivers from Samsung's Software page at Samsung (The XP/Vista driver is called "SGH-i897_Captivate_USB_Drivers_5_02_0_2.zip".) Be sure to click the "Software" link on the page if you don't see the drivers right away.

With this, my phone appears in WinXP SP3 Device Manager as "ADB Interface > SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface". I am able to connect my phone and once I mount my phone, I can move items via Mass Storage just fine. It does mount 2 drives (which looks like one is for the internal memory and one is for the SD card.) Everything appears A-OK here.

FWIW: I setup my phone with the following settings:
1. Applications > USB Settings > Mass storage
2. Applications > Development > USB debugging

and then performed the following steps:
3. I plugged in my phone via the USB cable. Phone was detected and connected.
4. On my phone, I opted to "Select to copy files to/from your computer" which in turn prompts me to mount my phone. This causes my windows computer to open two explorer windows for both the internal memory and SD card.
5. Used SWM to load *.apk files. Remember: You may need to place the *.apk files directly into the same folder as the SWM files for the sideloading to work properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non