Cappy USB gone nuts!

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I plugged my phone in last night, as I always do. When I woke up this morning, it was off. I tried to power it on, but it wouldn't. So, I plugged it back in, and it would power up fine.

As soon as I unplugged the cable, it would start up a loop of saying USB connected/USB disconnected, like I was plugging and unplugging the cable.

So far, I've tried leaving the battery out for over an hour, and even flashed to stock with a master clear. Its still doing it.

The weird part is, it quit doing it for a short time today, and now its doing it again. There has been no moisture or physical damage to the phone.

Anyone have an ideas?

AT&T is sending a replacement. I should note, this will be Cap #4 on the way, in 4 months.

Cap 1, had it for less than a day. No wifi, reboot loop, dropping calls. Took it back, used my old iPhone 3g again for a few weeks. Went to another store, bought Cap #2, returned 1 week later for reboot loop and dropping calls, though not as bad as 1.

Cap 3 is the one in the USB loop. I've had it for 2 months. It was great until last night. no changes have been made in weeks.

I'm officially irritated. I have a 1 year warranty, and so far, I'm looking to wind up with a bad device and paying full price to replace it.

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I Just had the same issue, the only way I could power it on would he to plug it in then turn the phone on and it would only stay on for about 10 minutes.

I took the phone to a support center and they replaced it and sent me a new charger and battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My friends usb cable crapped out on her. At first we thought it wasn't charging anymore but after trying another cable it worked just fine. After that I went and purchased a new usb cable for the phone b/c I don't want to take the chance of it shorting out my phone.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've tried several cables. The phone continues to do it with no cable plugged in at all.

I wish we had a service center in Wisconsin, but they have to send me a new phone. I'm just hoping the phone they send will be the last one I need to deal with before One of the other lines on my account comes up for renewal (Aside from wife's line, August is the next one).

If it happens again, they better send me a comparable phone that ISN'T a Captivate.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's been reflashed back to out-of-box original.

Oddly enough, it seems to have fixed itself. I'm sure it'll start doing it again, but AT&T sent a new device, so we'll see what happens.

Since they sent another one, I don't want to start flashing this one again. It has to go back to them.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Just tried plugging into the computer, and it won't even recognize the device. I've tried several USB settings.

I'm guessing it's a hardware problem in the poorly designed USB port.

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm telling you I had the same exact problem, after I went back to 2.1 I returned it for a new one. :)

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm telling you I had the same exact problem, after I went back to 2.1 I returned it for a new one. :)

They're sending me a new one, tracking says it should be here tomorrow. He overnighted it.

How long has the new one lasted so far?

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
It is doing great, seems so much better then the leaked 2.2 but kinda sucks missing flash and a few other perks...

I keep telling myself I'm gonna leave this one alone and its been a rough battle so far! LOL