Thinking About getting captivate

zombieguy85

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Im thinking of getting the samsung captivate. Im really worried about the powering off issue i keep seeing can any one clarify whats happening. I was wondering i also was contemplating the htc aria. Please give me feed back about it this will be my first android experience since i hate iPhone

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im thinking of getting the samsung captivate. Im really worried about the powering off issue i keep seeing can any one clarify whats happening. I was wondering i also was contemplating the htc aria. Please give me feed back about it this will be my first android experience since i hate iPhone

Hey zombie, welcome to Android Central. My girlfriend had that problem, and we loaded up a custom rom and it has not happened since...Honestly i wouldnt go with an aria, IMHO its not one of HTC's better products....if you can wait a little bit the next galaxy S phone coming with the super amoled plus screen is coming out , if you would wait i would wait for that,,,if not you can get the captivate , throw a custom operating system on it and you will be very happy

Reactions: zombieguy85

zombieguy85

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Ive been eyeing this phone my upgrade is on march 8 so im really leaning towards it i was just concerned about he shutting down at night , i use my phone as an alarm clock (very important). And about modding it and doing custom firmware im sure you'll be able to help me with that right

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ive been eyeing this phone my upgrade is on march 8 so im really leaning towards it i was just concerned about he shutting down at night , i use my phone as an alarm clock (very important). And about modding it and doing custom firmware im sure you'll be able to help me with that right

Come on man, of course , this is Android Central ;) look at my signature below, there is links to a bunch of videos made by a friend of mine for the captivate, from fixes to the shut down problem if you decide to stay to, and videos on how to mod and customize it

Reactions: zombieguy85

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I, personally, would just wait and grab either the INspire or the Attrix when it comes out. If you would rather have one of the Galaxy phones, then wait until the Infuse comes out. Still no time frame on that one, but it should be by Spring time in my guess.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
A key consideration for your choice might be whether you plan to root the phone and run custom ROMs. I chose the Moto Bravo for my first smart phone, and while I like it a lot, rooting it is about all I'm ever likely to be able to do with it. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get a phone that I knew I could truly customize. The Captivate is just such a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa