I will be leaving the iPhone for the Galaxy Note 2

Syfaro

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I've been keeping track of how much data I've been using over the last few months. I'm hoping that will give me an idea of what kind of plan I'll need. Still makes me uneasy not having unlimited. Sprint has unlimited (here) but I have AT&T (work discount).

I've used about 1GB in two days. I really need my unlimited data plan :p

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T and grandfathered data plan, I just switched from iPhone 4S to the Note about two months ago and I still have unlimited data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Raikon

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
get the note 2, it's bigger but at least the dimensions are just fine, iphone is just following the size of the LG chocolate lol

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
With the quad core large battery and 2gb of ram it is the most future proof phone on the horizon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
Honestly I've just always loved the form factor of the note. I've been able to sell my phones quickly, but I'm extremely satisfied with the large screen of the SIII, yet the idea that Samsung has managed to keep this phone portable. Decisions, decisions...

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
With the quad core large battery and 2gb of ram it is the most future proof phone on the horizon

Agreed, The note II should be good for the next 3-4 years especially since it has Jelly Bean on it.
After I get this phone, I may just go ahead and cancel my postpaid account and go pre-paid and save some money.

Dawgfan

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
This thread inspired me to join. Some insight into my perspective...I have used an iPhone as my primary phone since the iPhone existed. I worked on the att device team for years getting all non-iPhones for free but was never that impressed with Android devices. I did like the S2 & Note but cameras were lackluster IMO.

With the state of the iPhone 5 I am not that impressed with Apple anymore. I should add that while testing out a Nexus 7 for fun/personal I have REALLY enjoyed raw Jelly Bean. I am seriously considering going Android.

Some concerns & I would love & appreciate feedback:

Camera - the 4S & 5 take AMAZING pictures. I have a 4 & some of the pictures my wife takes with her 4S are stunnng. With a 16 month-old camera is priority.

Photo sync/share - what is the PhotoStream equivalent? I am not impressed with Dropbox.

Updates...hell..where is 4.1.2 for my Nexus 7 :)

Hardware customer support/warranty - Apple has been really good to me AND my wife in this regard.

Resell value - want to have an out to another Android or iPhone if necessary.

Thanks everyone. I am not 100% but I passed on a 5 being held for me and have the cash.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
This thread inspired me to join. Some insight into my perspective...I have used an iPhone as my primary phone since the iPhone existed. I worked on the att device team for years getting all non-iPhones for free but was never that impressed with Android devices. I did like the S2 & Note but cameras were lackluster IMO.

With the state of the iPhone 5 I am not that impressed with Apple anymore. I should add that while testing out a Nexus 7 for fun/personal I have REALLY enjoyed raw Jelly Bean. I am seriously considering going Android.

Some concerns & I would love & appreciate feedback:

Camera - the 4S & 5 take AMAZING pictures. I have a 4 & some of the pictures my wife takes with her 4S are stunnng. With a 16 month-old camera is priority.

Photo sync/share - what is the PhotoStream equivalent? I am not impressed with Dropbox.

Updates...hell..where is 4.1.2 for my Nexus 7 :)

Hardware customer support/warranty - Apple has been really good to me AND my wife in this regard.

Resell value - want to have an out to another Android or iPhone if necessary.

Thanks everyone. I am not 100% but I passed on a 5 being held for me and have the cash.

Your just gonna have to give it a try.
I know that's not a full answer to every question you have but the reality is Android is now better than iOS.

I'm a previous iPhone user and switched a few months ago when the rumors of iphone 5 were disappointing.
I took the opportunity to give Android a try and have been very happy.
I can't imagine going back to an iPhone 5, not until they come out with something worthwhile.

As for the camera, I feel that iPhone 5 has a slightly better camera.
With both systems there are pros and cons.
It's just a matter of which pros are important to you and which cons you can live with.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've probably switched back to an iPhone 4S more than anyone in the world haha. Anyway, I am very ready to ditch my 4S. I tried out the 5 and returned it like 5 days later. Anyway, I've also used the GSIII on AT&T and the international version and I found it to be excellent but I could use a larger display. I am tempted to try out the Note II, but I still feel it might be "too big" for every day use.

Any other iphone users who love the specs but a little uncertain about the size?

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I'm very interested in the Note 2, but also will be considering the Lumia 920. The size of the Note 2 is a bit of a concern. However, the Lumia 920 (and the S3, for that matter) really aren't that much smaller than the Note 2 anyway. For me the decision will probably come down to which feature I will get the most utility from: the better camera and image stabilization on the Lumia, or the note taking ability of the Note 2.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I found that the size is not as big as it looks.
It fits easily in both my front and rear pockets of my jeans.
Try it out, it's not as big as it seems. Once you get use to it, you can't go back to a small dinky screen.

ViennaGambit

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I just returned my IP5 yesterday in anticipation of the Note 2... Very excited.

Like a lot of you, I have been an IP user since day one, but guess I have just outgrown ios - I couldn't help but be bored within the first 10 minutes of using my IP5...

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
i've been a long time iphone user, since Gen 1, and before that an avid Treo users, all versions. That said, getting the note 2 as the first Android has been very great. although there were some things i had to get used to, such as not having visual voicemail. Google voice fixed that. I must admit, that the main thing that got me was the S PEN, and it hasn't disappointed me yet. Ability to take notes in meetings and sketches has proved to be priceless.

One thing that I would highly recommend to those getting the note, get a case when it comes out. A good one. I dropped mine after just 6 days, and the screen cracked. It mustve hit the ground at the right angle, because i've dropped my other phones numerous times without a hitch.

The camera isn't too bad, and the screen size, i thought it was too big at first, but now, I see other phones, like the iphone and they look like toys. the navigation is awesome and the size of the screen really helps when placing it on hte car dash.

can't wait for more SPEN optimized apps to come out.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone has been good to me, but like you guys have said, it just hasn't moved at the pace of innovation. For the way I use my iPhone and iPad, the Note 2 could basically replace them both. Barring a super shocking announcement from Apple at their event tomorrow, the Note 2 will be my next device.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I will be leaving iPhone as well. If not for the note II then for a Nexus device. Still undecided. Any input from anyone?

I'm in the same position. I have a Iphone 5 but I'm waiting on the Nexus announcment to decide between it or the Note 2. I had the original Note and really enjoyed it.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Biggest mistake I ever did was even consider that stupid iPhone 5, yet alone buy it haha. Glad I washed my hands of Apple. After today's annoucnements, I do not like where Apple is headed.

landy07007

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
All iPhone users please stop trying to see a great phone on Apple is impossible to found one but go to Samsung maybe you will love it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've owned the iPhone since it day one. I currently have the 4 because I couldn't qualify for the 4s, and was very upset with what the 5 had to offer. So I heard about the Note 2 and want it. Sadly, I have AT&T and I only want the white model. I'm tempted to buy a white one from Sprint for full price. Anyways, yeah... that's where I stand Ha ha ha... I've been a huge iPhone lover, but I think it's time for a change and bigger screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89