Was your at&t box round SEAL broken when you received it?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
The seals were broken on both of the Note II boxes I received via Fedex today. In fact, one box had been torn open and retaped with Scotch tape! The seals had been cut straight across.

I normally don't proceed with a new piece of digitalia if the seal is broken; I just return it and, if possible, exchange it.

The SIM card was already installed in each Note II, so I considered the possibility of someone ripping the boxes open to install the SIM cards.

Anyone else's box messed up on delivery???

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have not received mine yet. When I received my SGSIII they just put the SIM in the over box and left the phone box sealed. That was the OEM box so they probably opened them when repackaging and putting in the SIM in the phone. As long as it still had the protective film on them I would think they were not handled that much at all.

UPDATED: Yep, the box was opened and SIM installed. I popped the SIM out, popped the one from my SGSIII and off to the races!

Last edited:

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
The seals were broken on both of the Note II boxes I received via Fedex today. In fact, one box had been torn open and retaped with Scotch tape! The seals had been cut straight across.

I normally don't proceed with a new piece of digitalia if the seal is broken; I just return it and, if possible, exchange it.

The SIM card was already installed in each Note II, so I considered the possibility of someone ripping the boxes open to install the SIM cards.

Anyone else's box messed up on delivery???

Mine was the same way. SIM card was installed in mine also.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they reboxed it and put in SIM cards for us...I think this was in another thread, but I forget which one.

You should see the AT&T SIM card wrapper in there too, as they left it with the paperwork. The big question is: did they do this to avoid questions about missing headphones? As the Samsung boxes had packaging space for the buds and headphones. Either they stole them from us or didnt pay Samsung for them in the first place. The gripe is that others got them, and we paid the same amount for our phone and Samsung accessories.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they reboxed it and put in SIM cards for us...I think this was in another thread, but I forget which one.
You should see the AT&T SIM card wrapper in there too, as they left it with the paperwork. The big question is: did they do this to avoid questions about missing headphones? As the Samsung boxes had packaging space for the buds and headphones. Either they stole them from us or didnt pay Samsung for them in the first place. The gripe is that others got them, and we paid the same amount for our phone and Samsung accessories.

What does the (messily!) opened boxes with installed sim cards have to do with no headphones? (Please 'scuse my ignorance.) I don't understand the connection.

(I feel shortchanged not to get the headphones too, even though I don't use them.) My HTC Inspire was s'posed to have headphones in the box but nada. In fact, BB included headphones in the "in the box" LIST for the Inspire, but no headphones were in the box with my Inspire purchased from BB.

(It's not like we aren't paying huge amounts of $ to AT&T for our phones as well as for our monthly usage. If we can purchase headphones for $5-10, AT&T could probably get them 5 pairs for a nickel!)

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Was your at&t box round SEAL broken when you received it?

What does the (messily!) opened boxes with installed sim cards have to do with no headphones? (Please 'scuse my ignorance.) I don't understand the connection.

(I feel shortchanged not to get the headphones too, even though I don't use them.) My HTC Inspire was s'posed to have headphones in the box but nada. In fact, BB included headphones in the "in the box" LIST for the Inspire, but no headphones were in the box with my Inspire purchased from BB.

(It's not like we aren't paying huge amounts of $ to AT&T for our phones as well as for our monthly usage. If we can purchase headphones for $5-10, AT&T could probably get them 5 pairs for a nickel!)

The reboxing may or may not have to do with the headphones...it's not so much because it was opened (that was to insert the SIM), sorry if I wasn't clear.

That's crappy...regarding your HTC story. Geez. It's pretty cheap , if they shafted you on that. In that case (said it was included) I would ask them to take care of that for you. Here, AT&T has kinda denied this is an issue, as they do not list it. Yet other carriers also do not list it and they provided them (Samsung headphones that looked like the Note 1/S3 ones, from what I can tell). Not sure about VZW yet, as that model is coming later this month.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Was your at&t box round SEAL broken when you received it?

Mine came the exact same way. Seal broken and taped back up, with the sim card in. I took it out and popped my iPhone 4s sim card right in. The phone though looked brand new, I made sure. Everything is working flawlessly.

phil0817

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine was an online order and came with reveal tape and sim and without headphones. I wonder what they are doing with all those headphones...

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
No headphones Doug.
A few days before I stopped by the Sprint store and saw that their version had come with headphones.
I assumed AT&T was gonna do the same but nope.

I figured as much. Guess I'll have to go buy new ear pieces for my current headphones. Dang 2 year old pulled then off. Who knows where they're at now. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87