Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    On the forum, one of the ops posted that the above SanDisk SD Card is incompatible with the Galaxy Note2? Can anyone confirm this and does this apply to the 32 gig SanDisk Ultra as well?
    Thank you in advance
  2. #2  
    Mobimop's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    On the forum, one of the ops posted that the above SanDisk SD Card is incompatible with the Galaxy Note2? Can anyone confirm this and does this apply to the 32 gig SanDisk Ultra as well?
    Thank you in advance
    Most likey needs to be formatted in the phone, I have a SanDisk Ultra64 microSDXC UHS-1 that I plan to pop into my new N2 later today, I'll update this post on my results.

    Update: My SanDisk Ultra64 microSDXC UHS-1 works great in my Note 2....
    Last edited by Mobimop; 11-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    I have a sandisk Ultra 64 SDXC class 10 in my SGSIII and GN2 and both work just fine.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Planoman,
    Does the SD card (64 gig SanDisk) contribute any benefit to the GN2's performance.?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    On the forum, one of the ops posted that the above SanDisk SD Card is incompatible with the Galaxy Note2? Can anyone confirm this and does this apply to the 32 gig SanDisk Ultra as well?
    Thank you in advance
    My SanDisk micro sd works just fine in my note 2. You do have to format in the phone tho.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    Mobimop's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Planoman,
    Does the SD card (64 gig SanDisk) contribute any benefit to the GN2's performance.?
    Not that the Note 2 needs it but a slow SD card could contribute to slow read and writes for photos, videos, etc. Best to get the fastest you can afford.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    I installed a 32gb SanDisk Ultra in my Note 2 and it works just fine. I did format it before I did anything else because I read somewhere that that's a good practice, but other than that, I just popped it in.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Planoman,
    Does the SD card (64 gig SanDisk) contribute any benefit to the GN2's performance.?
    Not really other than giving you a lot of storage. I take a lot of pictures and video and the HD video eats up the storage! I got the class 10 because I thought it would make a difference. I do see a difference when transferring things on my computer as the class 10 is faster. It is the best you can get right now but still not as fast as internal memory. That is probably why when taking pictures in burst mode, they go into the internal memory. I do like having the 64 GB card since you know it will be a while before filling it up.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Not really other than giving you a lot of storage. I take a lot of pictures and video and the HD video eats up the storage! I got the class 10 because I thought it would make a difference. I do see a difference when transferring things on my computer as the class 10 is faster. It is the best you can get right now but still not as fast as internal memory. That is probably why when taking pictures in burst mode, they go into the internal memory. I do like having the 64 GB card since you know it will be a while before filling it up.
    Planoman,
    Thank you!, did you reformat the SanDisk 64 Ultra in the GN2? If so does the Note 2 reformat it 8n Exfat32?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Planoman,
    Thank you!, did you reformat the SanDisk 64 Ultra in the GN2? If so does the Note 2 reformat it 8n Exfat32?
    I did format it in the Galaxy S3 when new and then just popped it into my GN2. I believe it is formatted in exFAT. The only issue I had was trying to put one into the Galaxy Note 10.1 which needed to be FAT32. I returned the Note 10.1 and my understanding is that Samsung has since release a fix so it could accept a exFAT SD Card which is how the 64GB SDXC cards come.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I did format it in the Galaxy S3 when new and then just popped it into my GN2. I believe it is formatted in exFAT. The only issue I had was trying to put one into the Galaxy Note 10.1 which needed to be FAT32. I returned the Note 10.1 and my understanding is that Samsung has since release a fix so it could accept a exFAT SD Card which is how the 64GB SDXC cards come.
    Once again you come to the rescue. Why is Everyone making such a big deal about the SanDisk 64 Ultra? Isnt exFat32 the fastest of the 3 formats? Im planning to use it for my Music storage, ringtones and sounds. I was caught completely off guard with the cant move apps to SD card thing.
    I ordered it from Amazon.com already, I guess had I known about all this hoopla I probably would have ordered the 32 gig instead. Gosh, couldnt beat the price though.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Will this work okay?
    SanDisk Extreme 32gig. SDHC Class 10, UHS-1 Flash memory card 45 MB/s
    SDSDX-032G-AFFP
    from Amazon.com
  13. #13  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Will this work okay?
    SanDisk Extreme 32gig. SDHC Class 10, UHS-1 Flash memory card 45 MB/s
    SDSDX-032G-AFFP
    from Amazon.com
    It will work just fine!
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  14. #14  
    iGalione's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    the card works great in the phone, had mine since release day wating, and it has always worked... the only problem or gripe i have, is the ability to move apps to SD, other than that, there are no other problems with it, it works wonderfully
  15. #15  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    To the post a couple above about the "will this work" the answer is nope... that's an SD card. That will be rather tricky to put in the phone.
  16. #16  
    Jeff Smith2's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-128G-X46. have anyone use this?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I did format it in the Galaxy S3 when new and then just popped it into my GN2. I believe it is formatted in exFAT. The only issue I had was trying to put one into the Galaxy Note 10.1 which needed to be FAT32. I returned the Note 10.1 and my understanding is that Samsung has since release a fix so it could accept a exFAT SD Card which is how the 64GB SDXC cards come.
    Of the 3 formats available, does exFat formatting offer a "Higher rate of transfer" than the other formats. Is there any advantage to exFat formatting. Lastly, is it possible the issue with moving apps to the SD card can be fixed without having to root the GN2?
    This is based on the use of the microSD SanDisk 64 gig Ultra Card.
  18. #18  
    mtucker's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Here are the read/write results I got with SDTools and my Sandisk class 10 64GB micro SD card on my Note 2. I formatted it in the phone.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    I actually saw similar graphs posted by SanDisk. I would like to understand the advantage of exFat Formatting compared to the other formats available.
    Thank you in advance
  20. #20  
    maximu5's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Jeff Smith2:
    As far as I know the total amount compatible for the note 2 is 64gb for a micro sd card but can connect to a much larger hard drive via the microsd port Samsung Galaxy Note II | AT&T Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile

    OP: I have a 64gb class 10 from Bestbuy and works perfectly all I did was pop it in and it worked.... doesn't even have to select to format it
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    While I appreciate your answer "Max", its not even close to what I asked. My post of 08:54am asked about the exFat format and its benefits in comparison to the other 2 formats.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    I installed the 32g Ultra on my wife's GN2 and the 64g on mine and have had zero problems. I use a Macbook Pro and didnt have to make any file format changes to the card.
  23. #23  
    hopefulfarm's Avatar

    Posts
    538 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Got my 64gb ultra sd card today. Put it in my note, no problem!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!
  24. #24  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Once again you come to the rescue. Why is Everyone making such a big deal about the SanDisk 64 Ultra? Isnt exFat32 the fastest of the 3 formats? Im planning to use it for my Music storage, ringtones and sounds. I was caught completely off guard with the cant move apps to SD card thing.
    I ordered it from Amazon.com already, I guess had I known about all this hoopla I probably would have ordered the 32 gig instead. Gosh, couldnt beat the price though.
    From what I have seen, exFat is the most efficient for flash. Fat32 has a 4 gb file size limit, and exFat does not...

    See here:

    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2801/...2_versus_ntfs/


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default Re: SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

    Yes, you can try on Google Play store and do a search for 'AParted' ... just partition it. And you will find that your Note 2 will read the SDcard.
    I tried several apps on my pc to format, partition and with absolute no success. But this phone app did the trick. So basically I had to format & partition the Extsdcard on my phone itself. it's a sandisk ultra micro sdxc uhs-1 class 10 exFat 64Gig. But unfortunately it's formatted to Fat32. Still going to try and reformat to ExFat and see if it will work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apps that are Incompatible with Sensation 4G
    By 211 in forum T-Mobile HTC Sensation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
  2. BAMF 1.63/1.7 NTE incompatible with chess? SOLVED! (noobie mistake)
    By prowezz in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 12:22 PM
  3. Games Incompatible with Tegra 2 Processor
    By cromag.rickman in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
  4. Calender with Notes
    By famz in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 08:31 AM
  5. App incompatibility with internal memory
    By Fahrenheit in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 04:34 AM

Posting Permissions