What are your thoughts on this phone?

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I just love the phone. When I take it out, most people look at in with amazement. The quality of the display, the ease in which it handle the apps. And the big screen size is definitly a plus. Especially those of us who are over the age of 50. I can't tell you enough how awesome it is to be able to read what I'm looking out without having to find a pair of reading glasses.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line is that you should be happy with either choice.

Good luck with making a tough decision.

Using tapatalk with my note II

That's probably a very true statement. I can't seem to find anything that I dislike about either device. And thanks! How's the camera on the Note 2?

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been debating on making the switch from BlackBerry for the last few months. The only reason I haven't is because my Torch still works. And then last week Google Sync was shut down, and I live by Google's calendar, so this is making me move faster.

Keep an eye on your Torch screen. I made the switch after I started seeing interference/static-looking horizontal bands on the screen. Apparently the sliding creates problems over time and I wasn't going to wait until it went out completely to get a replacement!

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Also, keep in mind that BBs don't play nice with other OS. I'm not at all tech-y and without Google Sync, transferring my data (except the contacts on my sim card) was a pain and a half. Lots had to be done manually. Another reason to make the switch before you lose your screen!

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Also, keep in mind that BBs don't play nice with other OS. I'm not at all tech-y and without Google Sync, transferring my data (except the contacts on my sim card) was a pain and a half. Lots had to be done manually. Another reason to make the switch before you lose your screen!

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think it'll be too bad since I also sync my BlackBerry's contacts with Outlook.
After much deliberation, I decided that I'm going to pull the trigger when I get home from work tonight. I do have one (hopefully!) final question however: does the Galaxy S3's MHL pin adapter (Samsung MHL Pin Adapter for Galaxy S3 - Android Audio & Video - ShopAndroid) work on the Note 2? I already have an MHL adapter, and was just wondering. Also, thank you all for your very helpful input!

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You're making the right choice. I also came from the Torch and the only problem I had moving was deciding between the GS3 and the Note 2. Finally just going to the ATT store and holding both in my hands at the same time made it an easy choice.
I think you'll like the Samsung calendar. It syncs perfectly with Google calendar.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
That's probably a very true statement. I can't seem to find anything that I dislike about either device. And thanks! How's the camera on the Note 2?

HOX+ is very nice but has some well known bluetooth sound quality issues. I tried three different devices with five different models and brands of bt headset and they were all bad. HTC hasn't acknowledged it but there are lots of threads about it. Too bad because I loved everything else about it.

That said, I'm SO glad I have the GN2. It's the best of the best. Simply a beast in every way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I came from an iOS background, owning an iPhone for the past several years and upgrading with each succession. This is my first Android device, totally amazed at the options and customization of the devices. I am a bit techy and this thing keeps me playing non-stop! The screen real estate is incredible, I watch alot of Netflix on my N2 at work. The N2 is basically a computer in hand, you can do just about anything you want with it. Camera is nice, takes good pictures, take a look at a few videos and play with the settings to get the best from it.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I just came from an htc inspire and loved it actually but it got so slow. I kept joking that I got another gray hair every time I opened an app. I considered the htc one x for about 3 seconds until I discovered no sd card, unibody construction, therefore can't change out battery. I kepaep pictures and music on sd card and I am I am absolutely paranoid about battery life. There's a reason but it's a long story. The Galaxy note 2 is an awesome device and I think everyone else's opinion would be the same as mine. Just don't think you can go wrong with a note 2.

I am on AT&T, and I plan on upgrading before January. I am coming from a BlackBerry Torch, and am considering the Samsung Galaxy Note II, and the HTC One X+. Since this is the section for the Note 2, I'm wondering if anyone else was/is torn between these phones. How do you like your Note 2? If you were going to purchase a phone today, would you still get the Note 2? How are battery life and reception?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer