1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Native text

When I first got my GN 2, I remember getting a prompt as to which txt app to use and I chose TextFree. Now when I want to use my own phone number to send a txt I can't! On my iPhone, I was able to use either my own number or the TextFree number? How do I set up the native txt message function? When I go to the messaging settings and I input my phone number in the message center and send a text, I get a failed notice!! I must be doing something wrong. Thx

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

Default Re: Native text

Menu, settings, application manager, find the text application that you do not want to use and click the button "clear defaults" or something like that. You will know when you see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

Then the next time you want to text, the menu will pop up asking you which app to use. You can click "once" and it will ask you every time or click "always" & that will become the default application.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thx for the simple to follow instructions, but still not working!

So if you clear the defaults for TextFree... it did not work for you? Cuz it should....

I also wonder why you had to add ur number to the "messenging center" as you described it.. I didn't have to....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I cleared the defaults as instructed and still cannot send a text with my number. I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing, but can't figure it out.

Sounds like you're trying to enter your personal cell no in the text free app. I don't think you can do that from what little I know about it. If you want to use your number, you'll need to use a regular SMS app like the default, GO SMS, Handcent, Chomp, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to enter your personal cell no in the text free app. I don't think you can do that from what little I know about it. If you want to use your number, you'll need to use a regular SMS app like the default, GO SMS, Handcent, Chomp, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    I can still send texts with the text free app. I want to be able to use the default SMS with my number for use with my family. I was able to do this on the iPhone with no problems and still use text free without a hitch! I appreciate any ideas or comments. Btw, the text free app uses a totally different number with different area code.