Multi view update on December 27th!

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, my impatience has relegated me to waiting a few more days for the update. I tried going about 48 hours ahead and still nothing. Hooray.

Sorry for the double post, meant to put it in this forum.

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have installed the update and now I only get a green screen when I try to use the main camera or the camcorder. If I switch to the front camera the preview is fine. Switch back and the green returns. I've rebooted and cleared cache fur the camera, no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. I had the exynos memory fix in place. Worked fine before the update. Had to disable it to get the camera to work properly.

Sybar Tech

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that manually changing your date and time will bypass the AT&T timeout.
I moved my GN2 ahead 2 days, and am currently getting my update via WIFI

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that manually changing your date and time will bypass the AT&T timeout.
I moved my GN2 ahead 2 days, and am currently getting my update via WIFI

Ive tried that a few times and it didn't work.. Now it says to check back in 103 hours..:mad:

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

Sybar Tech

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Some of us are at January 12, 2013...time traveling. ; )

Interesting. I have a usual timeout of 24 hours on my GN2.
For every update I attempt I must wait 24 hours to try again.
I attempted to get the update at around 9:15 AM CST today and got nothing.
All I did was go into the date/time settings, turn off auto update from network, bump the date up 2 days, then immediately checked and got it.
If it is not working for others, it sucks, but it also makes me wonder how our handsets/markets differ that they would behave differently.
I was running the stock AT&T 4.1.1 build you get out of the box. No root.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I have a usual timeout of 24 hours on my GN2.
For every update I attempt I must wait 24 hours to try again.
I attempted to get the update at around 9:15 AM CST today and got nothing.
All I did was go into the date/time settings, turn off auto update from network, bump the date up 2 days, then immediately checked and got it.
If it is not working for others, it sucks, but it also makes me wonder how our handsets/markets differ that they would behave differently.
I was running the stock AT&T 4.1.1 build you get out of the box. No root.

I got the same thing without root.. This is ridiculous...

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I have checked every date into the future up to the 25th of January. I've tried both on and off of wifi. Clear memory, factory resetting, and still nothing. Wish we could just update over Kies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Find an AT&T DEVICE Tech office in your area, not a regular store, they flash upgrades for free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Calling 611 can get you the info or calling another store in your area. I found out about ours here when I had an issue that was going to require a phone replacement a couple years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Sybar Tech

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
For those of you getting the accumulating numbers above 24 hours when you are bumping the date.
I saw someone mention they did a factory reset in the midst of trying to get the update.
Makes me curious about 2 things.
What happens to the You May Check Again in: XXX hours when you
1. Change the date/time settings back to auto update from network and restart the handset (restart, shutdown, or shutdown pull battery) and
2. What happens to that number if you do a factory reset.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
For those of you getting the accumulating numbers above 24 hours when you are bumping the date.
I saw someone mention they did a factory reset in the midst of trying to get the update.
Makes me curious about 2 things.
What happens to the You May Check Again in: XXX hours when you
1. Change the date/time settings back to auto update from network and restart the handset (restart, shutdown, or shutdown pull battery) and
2. What happens to that number if you do a factory reset.

++ of they're anything like how Motorola used to do them, it was sort of by random IMEI within a region. They would pump out out to some in a region and then keep going region by region until all the regions and subscribers within each region had it. But they wouldn't push to an entire region, then to the next region. But this could be completely different?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress