Mass Storage setting on GN2??

Grifftech2K13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So is there anyway to change it from MTP mode to Mass Storage? I like to use the USB connection in my car on the Ford Sync to select certain songs, playlists, artists etc via voice commands, but the damn car doesnt see the external microSD in the phone. I could put the music on the internal storage but the damn phone only has 16GB and with all the bloat on it really only 10 is available and I cant put apps on the external.

I switched from iPhone thinking Android was going to be the end all be all for me, but Music is a huge thing for me and I cant listen to it how I want in the car on my new phone, so FRUSTRATING!

So if you have figured out anything to get back to Mass Storage please let me know.

Thanks,

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
So is there anyway to change it from MTP mode to Mass Storage? I like to use the USB connection in my car on the Ford Sync to select certain songs, playlists, artists etc via voice commands, but the damn car doesnt see the external microSD in the phone. I could put the music on the internal storage but the damn phone only has 16GB and with all the bloat on it really only 10 is available and I cant put apps on the external.

I switched from iPhone thinking Android was going to be the end all be all for me, but Music is a huge thing for me and I cant listen to it how I want in the car on my new phone, so FRUSTRATING!

So if you have figured out anything to get back to Mass Storage please let me know.

Thanks,

Hmm, that's strange. I just drop mine to my music folder on the sd and it always picks it up with the default settings (in other words, I haven't messed with it at all) even when I was running stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Honestly why would you switch to android for music? The auto industry and much of the USA are in love with the iphone. Everything is designed for use with the iphone and android is just an afterthought. Just my 2 cents. I recently installed a top of the line indash pioneer dvd/navigation receiver. It is not compatible with android in any way. They only thing that works is bluetooth streaming which is kind of funny because when I had an iphone 5 that was the only thing didnt work.

tina popielski

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I posted a similar post as I just upgraded my Motorola Electrify to the Electrify M, which has Jelly Bean. I was very disappointed that I currently don't have this functionailty anymore. I think you can find my original thread by searching "bluetooth & USB Mass Storage"

tina popielski

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2012 Hyundai Elantra. It is standard to have both a USB port & the AUX port (for the iPhone) right next to eachother. Evidently, for 2012 and moving forward, android isn't an afterthought in the automobile world...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non