Note Tips & Secrets

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have any tips and/or secrets for using the Note?

There is already a thread within this forum titled "Galaxy Note Tips". There are a few helpful tips that others have shared with the group.

Also, if you Google "Galaxy Note User Manual" you should be able to get some really helpful stuff from there as well.

Rednaz05

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on stock & anxiously awaiting ICS update. I'm afraid to "root" my Note because I really don't trust myself to do it properly.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Does rooting the Note void the warranty? And how does it affect being able to download the release of ICS from ATT?

I don't think anyone would want to do this if they're on the 30 day trial period right?

Am leaning towards the Note for my next phone and like any smart noob want to do things right :)

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Rooting will certainly void your warranty. I wouldn't do it if I was in my 30 day trial period.

I also wouldn't suggest doing it if you don't have issues with the software already on the device. My Note is my 4th Android Device. I rooted and loaded custom roms on two of them, and it was simply becuase the software was way to limited. The devices I had were/are a ATT Captivate(Galaxy S), B&N Nook Color, Motorola Xoom and now my Note. Guess which two I rooted: Captivate, and Nook. Stock ICS on the Xoom is great and I haven't found any need to, and all of the reasons I rooted my Captivate are pretty much addressed by the new Samsung software on any GS2 based phone.

The problem is that it is way to easy to screw something up if you aren't sure what you are doing. Fortunately the Samsung Galaxy S phones and the Nook have pretty good tools and are designed nearly brick proof.

Just make sure you have a good copy of ODIN to return to stock if needed. I think it has been updated with a one click for the NOTE. They may even have a one click for the ICS update, not sure.

Rooting for the sake of rooting though can be dangerous. I know i am not going to be doing it unless I start to have major issues with how the phone works.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I did it on the 30 day trial and flashed the phone back to stock and returned it. No a problem at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty