Cannot update to ICS

lethal6

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to update my note for the last 2 days with no success. It keeps telling me that I have a MTP device what is that. I connected my sons sky rocket and it said LTE device and got the upgrade no problems. what is going on with my note tried my wifes note I get the same message that my device does not exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

rescuedude92

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I made an attempt to download ICS through Keis Software with no luck. My phone was going nuts after the down load which I followed to the letter. The phone proceeded to tell me that my devise was only connected as a Media Device and Keis could not restore Cellular Service to my note. A backup of my phone was performed before the software upgrade. My phone is still under warranty purchased in May 2012. The phone proceeded to blink on and off after the install. I contacted Samsung and they proceeded to let me talk with the Warranty Dept. Samsung America is HQ is here in Texas. Doing a Live Chat is a Joke they Tech Support doesn't give the user enough time to follow the steps before they End the Session.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You need to go into the USB settings and put it in Mass Storage Mode not MTP mode.

If you want to do it thru Kies, put the phone in download mode. Then go to the Kies Software and under Tools select the Firmware upgrade option. Put in the device information exactly as it is seen under the battery. It will then put the the latest update on the phone and reset it to factory settings.

rescuedude92

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the response KSoD, I wish I logged in sooner. The phone has been given to Best Buy where I originally purchased it. I have Geek Squad Black Tie Protection on it. I will be receiving a refurbished Galaxy Note in about 1 Week do to the Holiday from Best Buy. Was there another way to do the software upgrade other than through Kies?

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the response KSoD, I wish I logged in sooner. The phone has been given to Best Buy where I originally purchased it. I have Geek Squad Black Tie Protection on it. I will be receiving a refurbished Galaxy Note in about 1 Week do to the Holiday from Best Buy. Was there another way to do the software upgrade other than through Kies?

No. That is the only way. The update was to large to download directly to the device and update from that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty