Car audio question. How do you listen to your music?

aihsela

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As my signature states, I will be going droid soon. Right now (with my 4s) my alpine has an adapter running from the back that I plug my phone up to. I'll be purchasing a new stereo soon (before I get the new note). It's so annoying that most of the in-dash receivers cater to iphone/ipod. I would really like to use bluetooth for streaming but it's not a must. I found a double din JVC with built in bluetooth that I liked but after reading a review from an android owner, I got discouraged. Apparently with this specific model, it'll connect when it wants to and when it does it just flashes pause but will play his music (but works lovely with his wife's iPhone). That's lame. So my questions are:

If you connect via bluetooth (and it's an aftermarket stereo), how well does it work for you? What model is it? Any info would be helpful.

If you don't go the bluetooth route, do you use aux or usb? Is one better than the other? What stereo do you have? Again, any info would be helpful.

:)

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I am an audiophile, meaning I spend way too much money on sound equipment, well I used to.

Personally I use bt because of the convenience. Just as long as the deck support A2DP(I can't imagine any BT deck today that does not support it) you will be fine. I know BT going to give you the "purest" quality, but unless if you invest in a high end amp/speaker and sub to match it, most likely you won't be able to hear the difference.

What kind of problem where people having with the JVC deck? I have a JVC deck myself, it is a special edition model but it has BT on it. The BT works great. The BT is always on in the deck. If the BT is on on my phone, it will connect automatically. I know some deck you have to re-pair the phone to the deck every time you want to use it which is very annoying.

I am also able to control the music from the deck itself like change track and volume. I noticed the quality of the control depends on the music app that I am using. If I am using double twist, the song change instantly when I hit the "next" button on the deck. But if I use Google music, there is a 2-3 sec delay and sometime it doesn't even change.

With phone calls it is great as well. I am able to take/make calls without touching the phone, I can access everything on the deck. I can even do voice command as well directly from the deck.

I've been working on car audio for years now I gotta say BT is one of the best thing for convenience in the car audio industry. Let me know if you have any questions about car audio.

rescuedude92

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I use a BT aftermarket device that is the MKI9200 by Parrot. I use it for phone calls-down loads your phone contacts to the device. When you receive a phone call it announces who is calling as long as the contact is stored in your phone. The Parrot allows me to listen to my ITunes Music, IHeart Radio, and Public Safety Scanner App(Volunteer Fire Fighter-NYS). My stereo is an Eclipse CD5030.

Pandawg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I use aux. My ROM on my Note lets me change songs by holding down the volume rockers which I find very helpful and useful.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and got the HTC Bluetooth Music adapter. It works fine with the G-Note. I think the audio is pretty good and have no complaints. They actually have a little discussion about it here at HTC Bluetooth music adapter now shipping from Sprint | Android Central. I would go the integrated route if you can. Though it works and is better then haveing the aux cable connected like i did, it isn't perfect. I got it because it was the best work around I could find for my situation, short of buying a whole new stereo for my car. I have been wanting to stream from Google Music which can be a bit of a data hog as you play more and more content.

My suggestion would be to try to find a reciever that support MTP, and may be able to access your phone for local content, and indexes and reads the files itself.