Note won't update music files.

tomx2

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experience this issue or have a solution?

After adding music files (via usb) i can see the files on the device, but the stock music player & 'PlayerPro' don't see them (or Google play). If i navigate to the music folder and click on one of the files they play (with generic artwork), but will not show up in the music library in the player. I tried a couple of 'media scan' apps from the market (trying to force a internal sd re-scan) still no luck. Conversely apps such as FBreader have no issues with finding ebooks added via usb at all.

The files are on the internal sd card (i have no external installed as of yet).
I have android v 4.0.4 rooted.

Any suggestions?

- Tom

Last edited:

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
sorry i have not had this problem, mine was that it always showed the wrong album art even when i put the correct ones with them....they changed on their own. I even tried deleting the application cache that i saw mentioned someplace else but it did not stay. I ended up using n7player instead. Good luck to you

tomx2

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I lied. I didn't give up and i finally found a solution.

Go to Applications > Media Storage.
Force Stop Media Storage.
Clear Data Media Storage.
Restart phone.

Hopefully this will be of help to others,
Tom

Edgar Delovino

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Won't refresh again..

I lied. I didn't give up and i finally found a solution.

Go to Applications > Media Storage.
Force Stop Media Storage.
Clear Data Media Storage.
Restart phone.

Hopefully this will be of help to others,
Tom

Im having this problem, got 29 gb of music in my external sd card (on my Note II) after flashing stockrom via PC (I always remove my SD card before flashing stock rom for security reasons) then when I reinsert my external storage, my native Media Player list no tracks from my external storage.. I tried to restart, restart without card, remove battery, clearing data on Media Player and lastly tried this one

Yes the media library on stock Media Player had been clear but when Im storing music files again via Kies on my device or even just via removable storage, my library won't even show tracks that I recently added...

Im going nuts...

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My problem has been album information not showing correctly and changing after I correct it. I dealt with that, but since updating to 4.1.2, the music player doesn't see my tracks at all. Mind you, the music resides on an external card, which I removed before I updated the software. While it does not show up in my music player, it does show up in the video player. I am stumped!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
@dorrien

Have you done as suggested and cleared the Media Cache as well as Media Storage? This usually solves the issue when I come across it not working for me. But then again, I dont use the stock player much. I purchased PowerAmp a couple years ago and it has not failed me yet. Plus I can select the storage folder so such issues aren;t a concern with that option.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did, but to make sure I am doing it correctly, I went to settings ~ application manager ~ all ~ media storage ~ clear cache and/or clear data. I did this for the music player as well and it still didn't work. But I can see/play the songs through the video player, so I don't know why, I can't see/play it through the stock music player but I can see/play it through the stock video player. I even moved the songs to the phone's internal memory and it still didn't recognize it.

I didn't have this problem until I updated my software to Jellybean.

techglobal

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
you do not need to clear cache and all.. i connected my note2 via usb cable and dragged n dropped into my external SD card. Now the albums are seen in d music player.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo