Tethering App

alc2077

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to tether without the appropriate plan?

Maybe using an app, or (preferably) built in?

You need to "root" the device first, then search for the wifi tether-app, the wifi tether app is not available in the android market on at&t phones but if you do a web search you'll find the wifi tether app apk to install.

tsj

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Just as a quick side note. Wifi Tether App only creates an Ad-Hoc location, so not all devices can connect to or share your phones connection.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i was bummed to see that my wifi-only Motorola Xoom tablet will not accept AdHoc connections but the wifi tether app works great if you're rooted and have a device that will connect AdHoc.

unforgiven

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy Tab 10.1 won't accept adhoc wifi connections so I have to use bluetooth tethering to my jailbroke iphone. It works fine in that configuration. Does that not work with an android phone?

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
^^ Yupp. Shortly after finding out that the Tethering doesn't work, I rooted with Cognition. I've been using it since my Captivate, so yeah. Kudos to DesignGears.

Deenybird

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't get what devices you guys could be tethering to. The type of wireless network the phone creates is not joinable for the vast majority of devices. Please inform

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i did through the titanium freeze option of tether manager.... but im just wondering if that would be traced by att