GS2 android app for visualizing voicemail

cjm73

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my Galaxy S2 yesterday and regret losing iPhone's visual voicemail. As a first time android user, is there any app out there that matches Apple's take on VVM?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure someone else will chime in, but I use Youmail. Their visual voice mail is not free, so this may not be an option for you. I use it for call blocking, custom greetings for clients vs. friends, colleagues, etc., call forwarding, vacation minder, etc. They also offer community sharing of phone numbers (if you choose to share any) so sometimes when I get a call from "unknown", my Youmail vm will show who it was. It's a bit clunky to use when adding contacts and they do have some issues which have caused me grief, but it works well enough for now. I'm not aware of a free app that does visual voice mail for Android so, if anyone knows of one, I'd be interested in it as well.

rbj13

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think Google Voice is a really good option. It does transcripts of the voicemails but if you live in somewhere where people have thick accents it kinda makes up some random sentences.

UK_Alum_02

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
ATT messages was ok, but I didn't like how it also alerted you to text messages. I just wanted voicemail so I went with Google voice.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the free version of HulloMail. So far, so good. I was using Youmail, but it was not delivering my messages to me. (I think this may have been fixed very recently. Anyone?) The only issue I have right now with HulloMail, and it is not THAT bad, is the clarity of the messages. They are over-compressed. I might give the AT&T one a shot too. Thanks for alerting me that they even had one!

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Youmail is fixed. They also upgraded their phone app so it's not quite so clunky to use. The only real reasons I stay with Youmail are that, I can set my greetings to greet certain clients by name, assign different greetings for friends, family, business clients and colleagues, 100% block telemarketers and block blocked caller ID's. People are always asking me what I'm using to greet people by name because they like it. I guess it's because they like it, that I'm using it. I haven't found anything that does this as well. I'll have to check out google voice again. I just didn't like that I had to use a different phone number, but I probably didn't explore the options well enough. I'll check out AT&T too. I didn't know they offered that for free either!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non