Question Voicemail *within* phone app ... version change, brand type, or what?

JonB

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
I had a Motorola phone with T-Mobile, and the phone app included four tabs, Favorites, History, Contacts, and Voicemail. Made it easy to delete voicemail messages without listening to them, if you already knew what they were about (say you'd spoken to a friend since they left the message, or you recognize it as spam just from who it is from).

My battery was swelling, so I had to replace the phone. I got a Nokia G310 as a replacement, and I'm slowly trying to get everything set up the way I would like it. Still same phone number, same carrier ... almost certainly newer version of android, since the other phone was at least three years old.

Here's the problem, the phone app in the new version doesn't have the voicemail within the app. My only choice is to hit one a listen to all messages before being able to know who was calling, or deleting them. I mean, it's better than nothing, but it's not as good as what I had available on the old phone. Since the account is still with T-Mobile, I don't think it can be on their side ... but is it the different make of phone, or the different version of android that cost me the feature?

And is there any way to get it back?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

JonB

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
I had worried Visual Voicemail was something like the (becoming ever more common) live video phone calls ... that may be what I need.

Meanwhile, I'm 98% sure that google phone was what I had on both the last phone and this one ... the only difference between them being that the old one's icon was a blue phone handset in a white circle, while the new one is a white phone handset in a blue circle. Funny thing is, when I downloaded my old information to the new phone, it included downloading a copy of the old phone app, so I have both on the phone, but when I open either one, they both have the exact same three options in the exact same layout. The only difference is one is version 123 and the other is version 23.

I've also got two different versions of Contacts, GMail ... soon I'll have to go get rid of the second copies. But hopefully visual voicemail will give me what I need, even if it is slightly less convenient needing two icons (or possibly more convenient, since I don't have to open up the phone to reach the thing.)

Reactions: BerryBubbles