Alternative to Samsung's car dock?

anon(522161)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Was wondering if somebody could recommend me a good alternative to Samsung's car dock? I like Samsung's car dock, it's way too big IMHO. So, I'm looking for something smaller and would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

illini422

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung car dock. Nice thing about it is that you can plug the charger and audio line out into the dock instead of the phone. I've not noticed another that offers that.

Entropy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Was wondering if somebody could recommend me a good alternative to Samsung's car dock? I like Samsung's car dock, it's way too big IMHO. So, I'm looking for something smaller and would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

You can't exactly make it smaller while still being able to fit the phone...

anon(522161)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You can't exactly make it smaller while still being able to fit the phone...

Of course. The problem I have with OEM car dock is that the extension arm and suction cups are *huge*. They are way bigger than what I currently use. I'd prefer to find something that doesn't cover half of my windshield. :)

Still looking for suggestions. Thanks!

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
would something like this work for you? Amazon.com: Wireless FM Transmitter, Holder, Car Mount For HTC EVO 3D, HD7S, T-mobile G2x, LG G2x, P920 Optimus 3D, Thrill 4G, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Barnes & Noble Nook, Nook Color: Electronics

I bought one to keep it mounted and charged on trips and also stream through FM, the trucks are only a few years old but didn't have streaming BT. It's a universal fit though, there's a bunch offered on Amazon and they make it seem like it's for specific phones when it's not. It's great in the trucks and some cars, but depends on location of lighter plug.

anon(522161)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
That's a great suggestion surf1. Thanks. My car's lighter plug is right in front of the shifter so I'm not sure there is enough length on that mount to clear it high enough past the dashboard. In my case It'd be kind of sitting low so that one would have to look down. Then I think it could be somewhat distracting while driving and would probably take the attention away from the road. I like the idea very much though.

Keep them coming guys. Thanks again!

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
That's a great suggestion surf1. Thanks. My car's lighter plug is right in front of the shifter so I'm not sure there is enough length on that mount to clear it high enough past the dashboard. In my case It'd be kind of sitting low so that one would have to look down. Then I think it could be somewhat distracting while driving and would probably take the attention away from the road. I like the idea very much though.

Keep them coming guys. Thanks again!
The tube thing is flexible so it can go in multiple position's and the cradle itself moves, in cars it's usually lower but is easily glanced at by eye's, in the trucks it's pretty much right in view b/c of where the plug is. I used it a ton for Navigation though in cars especially rentals when traveling and no problem with it even at night time I didn't find it distracting as you have ample time for the voice guidance and turns coming up etc.

Pry the best 12 bucks I spent lol