Go Launcher Help

No44specialk

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new to the customization game here. I have a GS2 with at&the, and recently downloaed Go Launcher. Now that I'm using it, do I need to deactivate the stock launcher? If so, how exactly do I do that? Naturally I don't want two running at the same time killing my battery life...
And if you have any theme recommendations Ill gladly accept them. I like a simple, clean look.

Thank you in advance!

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Go Launcher the bessst.

When you press the Home key after downloading a custom launcher, eg GO, a dialog box should pop up, asking you which launcher you want to use. Below the options is a checkmark box that says "Make this option my default. " if you check that you're basically doing the most u can. The stock launcher is part of the System directory, so you can't uninstall it. :)

Sent from outer space

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Clarification: whatever you choose for your default launcher, the other launcher does not run. So battery is not affected.

Theme suggestions: Default and UI 3.0 that come with GO are both pretty clean and elegant, if that's what you want. UI 3.0 has icons like the iPhone.

ZT.Art Dark Theme is great for even more battery conservation, because it doesn't need much light.
Alot of GO Launchers themes on Play and GO store are cutesy and Manga like. Some people like that. But there are a few that are definitely more upscale, you can experiment. ZT.Art makes really good themes, and lots are free, so I would start there!

Sent from outer space

No44specialk

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I did that and wasn't sure if that's all it took. Pretty simple haha.

I had one other question- I'm using the theme that is applied when you first download Go Launcher. For the calendar app, is there a way to make the icon of the app to accurately reflect the current date (right now it says the 17th) or is it just a picture and it happens to be 17?
Thanks again!

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I did that and wasn't sure if that's all it took. Pretty simple haha.

I had one other question- I'm using the theme that is applied when you first download Go Launcher. For the calendar app, is there a way to make the icon of the app to accurately reflect the current date (right now it says the 17th) or is it just a picture and it happens to be 17?
Thanks again!

Great question. I love tweaking and customizing small things so I don't mind helping you at all. First of all I tried 3 different launchers extensively, and GO launcher was my favorite overall.

The icon in the app drawer and on the home screen/dock is just an icon. It's a graphic image. It can be customized but it doesn't actively update.

A widget, on the other hand, DOES actively update.

I experimented with a number of calendar widgets. I didnt test them all b/c, there are so many. But a few I did. GO store has a calendar widget. There is a 4x1 compressed size widget that I liked. You can make the box transparent too.

If you want a 1x1 size widget, I suggest Beautiful Widgets. They have a calendar widget that just displays the date in a 1x1 box. Plus they have thousands of skins and fonts you can choose! I liked it.

Sent from outer space

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's some examples of widgets and icons. The first one is the GO store widget, and the 2nd two are Beautiful Widgets. if you want any more details just lmk :)

425704b8-3d77-e242.jpg
425704b8-3e0a-55e5.jpg
425704b8-3e1f-839f.jpg

Sent from outer space

Last edited:

Robbie Leonard

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded go launcher but there's a bar with three vertical dots that is below the dock on the home screen. It opens a menu with icons such as edit, preferences and there's different tabs too. I don't like it and want to remove it, but idk how. I tried everything so if anyone could tell me that'd be great

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non