We overlooked something from the Attain GS2 stand pics!

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was taking a closer look at the pics of the galaxy S2 stand pics that had the supposed ATT Attain and I quickly came to realize that we are actually looking at two different phones on each picture and none of which are the current Galaxy S2 or the Infuse. One is obviously the ATT version but the second is not. Here are some crops showing you what I mean. Disclaimer: I am not a photo expert by any means.

First is the first pic we all saw.
attainother.jpg

Compared to the Infuse 4g
infuseother.jpg

Now it is hard to see much due to the angle and it does closely resemble the Infuse but I see a few differences. First the Infuse has a dark shiny chrome finish to it while the pic from above looks to be a flat black plastic look. Second the Infuse has the same body lines but they seem more pronounced and sharp on the Attain and it appears to have a larger section forward of the power button than the infuse. Third the location of the power button decal is in a different spot on both. Like I said it is hard to tell and this could very well actually be the Infuse.

Here is where it gets interesting. Take a look at the second pic.
galaxys2other.jpg

Compared to the two above and the Currently released version of the Galaxy S2
Eurogalaxys2other.jpg

This version does not look anything like the two above. The body lines and shapes are clearly different. The two versions I have first shown have a body line that intersects the power button while this one is a good bit in front. There are also other added body lines, and a thicker appearance. The camera hump is much more pronounced than even the current European Galaxy S2. So what we have is some unknown device. Perhaps it is the Verizon Function or Sprint Within? If this device shown actually is slightly thicker the way it looks then perhaps we will see a LTE Verizon version and a Wimax Sprint version. We can only speculate and hope.

On a side note the stands themselves differ. One has volume controls and the other doesn't.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
did you think we wouldn't get a bastardized versions of the GS2. The carriers can't help themselves and would die before they have the same version as another carrier. And Samsung just falls to their every wish.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I think the main point is that we are not just looking at the attain but rather two new unseen versions of the Galaxy S2 not just the Attain but another as well And just because they are different doesn't make them "bastardized". The carriers will do that from a bloatware perspective but I think the hardware will be fine and with root the bloatware won't be an issue. I am just glad to see a couple pics of the possible US versions.

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there any chance that the Samsung slider that Boy Genius reported on today could be the Attain? I might have to wait for the Nexus3 if the Attain is a slider. Excuse my ignorance if this is way off line. :)

Boy Genius Report

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there any chance that the Samsung slider that Boy Genius reported on today could be the Attain? I might have to wait for the Nexus3 if the Attain is a slider. Excuse my ignorance if this is way off line. :)

Boy Genius Report

Anything is possible. It would probably be a dumb move, but we are talking about the US mobile carriers here.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
As a slider keyboard fan (on screen keyboards obscure at least half of the screen in portrait mode and 90% of the screen in landscape...very annoying..)...I'm hoping that this form factor will arrive on multiple carriers....people are saying Galaxy S II pro???

There's a distinct lack of high end sliders, (Droid 3 is barely high end IMO) especially on US carriers. If each carrier offered a slider and a slate form factor Galaxy S II, then everyone would be happy.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
BGR is reporting that the slider is indeed the SG2. I really hope that this is either untrue or that AT&T is coming out with two versions of the phone.

Exclusive image's of AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S II revealed

Well the update from BGR does seem to be leaning in this direction, and I wouldn't get your hopes up on two versions. After thinking about it, this would make sense for AT&T. They lack a top tier Android based slider, they already have all-touch options with the Atrix and iPhone, and probably know that if people really want the original SGS2, they can buy an unlocked international version of the phone and activate it in their network anyways. It all adds up .. to me anyways.

AT&T does seem to have the weakest device portfolio right now though. Maybe they've been riding the iPhone gravy train for a bit too long.