CWM 6.0.2.3 Problem?

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my GS3 and installed CWM 6.0.2.3 using Rom Manager. I did about 3 or 4 nandroid backup without any issues. I renamed the backup files for easier identification. I noticed the dates on the backup files were wrong. The years were 1970 and the month and days were about 20 days behind. However, I have not tried the restore function of the CWM. I just flashed CM10.1 and did not like it and wanted to go back to the previous Android 4.1.2 by restoring from the backup. As I went into restore of CWM, it could not locate any backup files. I checked the internal SD card and I could see the backups were there in the backup folder of clockworkmod. I did another backup and without leaving CWM and went into restore. This time I could see the newly created backup file. I reboot the system and went back to check the new backup file and it was no where to be found.
I cannot be sure this is a CM10.1 problem or CMW 6.0.2.3 problem. Has anyone encountered this problem and what is the fix for it?

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Use TWRP, it's way better than cwm recovery and it's all touch oriented. You can use Goomanager from the play store to flash it easily much like rom manager does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I install TWRP as suggested. Did a nandroid backup. Since the backup from CWM and TWRP are not compatible, I deleted the "clockworkmod" folder. I then used TWRP to flash a stock 4.1.1 rom. Here are my questions:
1) There is a "0" folder in the internal sd card. The folders inside the "0" fold are mostly empty except "TWRP" with the backup folds are in it. What is the function of this "0" folder? Can I move the TWRP folder out of the "0" folder and delete the "0" folder?
2) Under the internal sd card, there is a "clockworkmod" folder with one of the backup files in it, in spite of the fold was deleted before. When I boot to recovery, I am getting TWRP.
3) I have a 64 gb micro sd card and it lost its exfat format. I am not sure it when it happened. It was most likely when I flash the CM10.1 . I now formatted the card to fat32 with 4kb cluster size. For my future reference, should I remove the external sd card before flashing a rom to prevent damage to the data?

Thank you.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The 0 folder is for multiuser support, 0 is for the main user. For example there would be a folder called 1 for your second user. No way of getting around that, just leave the folder as it is.

The clockworkmod folder is just left over, you can delete it if you wish.

That's strange with the Sd card, you should be able to leave it in and flash your rom with no problems. But it won't hurt to remove it before entering recovery either. It's your choice really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2