How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)

codeman3000

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I made it as far as taking my battery out and putting it back in. But when I start it in recovery, I'm not getting the touch screen menu, only the menu that i need to use my volume keys. And there isn't an option to unzip. What do I do now?!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I made it as far as taking my battery out and putting it back in. But when I start it in recovery, I'm not getting the touch screen menu, only the menu that i need to use my volume keys. And there isn't an option to unzip. What do I do now?!

Did you let the phone boot before you went into recovery?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
After following steps, my phone reboots, freezes, and reboots itself again any thoughts on what I did wrong?

Can you still get into custom recovery? Did you make a backup? I would try a factory reset in recovery. It will erase your apps, settings and you will have to stop your phone again but it often fixed these issues. You do have the AT&T gs3 correct?

bb_redhot

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I was able to use your instructions to unroot and I am back running and didn't lose any of my data. Thanks for posting both. I will back-up and try again (maybe). I recently upgrading my phone and I probably should have tried this before upgrading.

brvdd

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I already bricked my first device (the guide worked great, I installed a l93000 by accident. I have a i747) looking for a cool ROM. Maybe there is something I don't understand, but are there any good custom ROMs for a Galaxy S3 AT&T version?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I already bricked my first device (the guide worked great, I installed a l93000 by accident. I have a i747) looking for a cool ROM. Maybe there is something I don't understand, but are there any good custom ROMs for a Galaxy S3 AT&T version?

I'm not really sure. I don't have the AT&T phone. Hopefully someone else can step in and answer.

marscook

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was able to successfully root my phone with this method. When I try to flash CM10, it fails. I wipe the dalvik cache and reset to factory settings. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure I'm missing something easy. I tried the stable and a nightly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I was able to successfully root my phone with this method. When I try to flash CM10, it fails. I wipe the dalvik cache and reset to factory settings. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure I'm missing something easy. I tried the stable and a nightly.

What recovery are you using. You should be wiping cache and dalvik and factory reset. So there are 3 items you wipe. Also it could be as simple as a corrupted download. I make it a habit to never use my phone to download. I use my faster more reliable desktop.

marscook

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The first time, I downloaded it from the computer to the phone. Then I tried twice downloading directly to the phone. I will try to wipe the cache and see what happens.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue with the latest CM10 nightly released 2-17, also had an issue with CM10 M2. Using TWRP recovery. The CM 10 nightly failed GAAPs. The CM10 M2 keyboard wouldn't load. Went back to ParanoidKangroid. I downloaded all files to my desktop and the Gaaps 20121011 works on Paranoid Android and ParanoidKangroid. The Gaaps for CM10 M2 is 201212.

marscook

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am still unable to flash CM10. I've wiped the dalvik, cache and factory reset. I also downloaded a differently nightly and the stable. When I swipe for install it immediately says fail. Is there another stable rom that I could try?

marscook

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
SUCCESS. I changed from twrp to clockwork, and I was able to install cm10.1.
Thanks skunkape60

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ssloko

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's a cool little list of ROMs to check out for the S3. The liquid smooth sounds pretty interesting :). http://galaxys3root.com/category/att-galaxy-s3-roms/

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

cookiemonstrehab

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm completely new to this so I apologize if these are things most people already know the answers to. 1. Does this method clear my phone of everything? Or will my apps, contacts, etc still be there? 2. What exactly does the custom recovery do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress