How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)

iFlipKilos

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey Im new here and just did this whole tutorial on the canadian Rogers Gs3 sgh-1747m. Worked like a charm. Flashed to Cynogenmod afterwards. Just wanted to give a heads up to noobies like myself, if youre looking for a tutorial on youtube or something to flash the rom i advise sticking with the recovery mentioned in the above tutorial. I used TWRP- team win blah blah blah. and it consistently failed at flashing the rom and im quite sure i was close to bricking my device. I apologize in advance if this post should have gone somewhere else. OH. big note. After flashing to 10.1.3 cyanogen all previous charging problems i had are now gone. thanks again!

iFlipKilos

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
AT&T Rogers, Bell, Telus, and Sprint are all the same model sgh-1747m i dont think its an i but it might be. I know on the Cyanogen website no matter which one of those carriers you click on it brings you to the same page to download the mod. so regardless im pretty confident theyre all the same.

iFlipKilos

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Ya youre going to lose all your data its best to back up first. I guess this thread must be dead since im the only one answering these two month old questions.

TheJestor

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This was my first root...

No data was lost... Not that I have noticed yet....

As an admin of another site, some of these questions were answered in the thread... Please read them before asking...

I get tired of my wife asking if I am going to []whatever[/] and we mods and admin get tired of repeating ourselves...

I have been reading this forum for six months to make this leap of faith... If you are not sure, do not do it, keep reading...

While people do not mind helping, it gets a little old repeating every third post...

btw, this went smooth, except I couldnt find the 'recovery' on my phone... I didnt realize my default was not the main download file.. lol...

No wonder I have a heck of a time looking for stuff sometimes...

Thanks SkunkApe, and AndroidCentral...:)

cwall666

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This was my first attempt at doing anything like this with a mobile device and you could not have made it any easier..... Thank you very much, bro. Now, twice a week, im trying out ROMs! keep up the awesome work!!!

Thanks again(1000x),
Chris W.
:cool:

loringb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Rogers, Bell, Telus, and Sprint are all the same model sgh-1747m i dont think its an i but it might be. I know on the Cyanogen website no matter which one of those carriers you click on it brings you to the same page to download the mod. so regardless im pretty confident theyre all the same.

The phones are not the same model. The at&t is a sgh-i747u, (the u is not always shown). The Canadian carriers have the sgh-i747m. There is a difference when installing some roms and bootloaders. Open the battery compartment and look at the model number. Or go into settings and check out the baseband number. You run a risk of making a paper weight if you flash the wrong models firmware, bootloader etc. Just because a rom is the same for both does not mean the phones are the same some roms can be flashed to several different manufacturers devices. Does that make the the same phone then?

jason_denardo

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello - I followed these steps (excellently spelled out btw) and at first it seemed everything went correctly. Odin was a success. Installing the associated files files also seemed successful. At the end of the day, I wound up with Superuser access but no root access. Not sure what went wrong. Any help is very much appreciated.
Jason

NOTHINGFROMNOWHERE

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
PLEASE HELP ME!! So I used their method and it worked great, everything went well and then after the first start up "Knox" kicked it and of course so superuser won't start because it don't have root access. my device is an ATT Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. So how do I get away from Knox. Also on the step to put Team Epic Root From Recovery on ROOT External SDcard, does that mean start path mnt/extsdcard/. If you could help me out that would be awesome and thank you. other then that love every thing your doing..keep it up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow