1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 error 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'

Hey guys,
    So by mistake (stupidity) I attempted to load the pre-release version of 4.2.2, from sammobile to my Galaxy S3. Well of course its not for my model of phone which is SGH-1747M, So I get an error that says 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'. I now know that I need to look and make sure that the firmware release pertains to the model of phone that I am using....lesson learned I suppose. My questions is can I just follow the steps that I found here and call it good? I can still get into download mode but thats about all my phone can do currently.
    Thanks for the help everyone.

Global Posts
    13,796 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: S3 error 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiGuy13 View Post
    Hey guys,
    So by mistake (stupidity) I attempted to load the pre-release version of 4.2.2, from sammobile to my Galaxy S3. Well of course its not for my model of phone which is SGH-1747M, So I get an error that says 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'. I now know that I need to look and make sure that the firmware release pertains to the model of phone that I am using....lesson learned I suppose. My questions is can I just follow the steps that I found here and call it good? I can still get into download mode but thats about all my phone can do currently.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    Download mode is good. You should be able to follow this advice and be OK. Just make sure you download proper files for you EXACT model.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Default Re: S3 error 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again

Agreed.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just tried it out and everything seems to be working fine.

Global Posts
    13,796 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiGuy13 View Post
    I just tried it out and everything seems to be working fine.
    Cool. Any other problems...ask.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Download mode is good. You should be able to follow this advice and be OK. Just make sure you download proper files for you EXACT model.
    Hi guys-- i'm in a bind.

I thought i had the same problem as the above-- but im still stuck on the logo screen.

some background:
    - Samsung S3 (international, swiss)
    - I have no backup
    - my phone is not rooted
    - download mode, and recovery mode work fine
    - rec. mode says unable to mount efs (invalid argument)
    - I have tried absolutely everything, cache wipe, data wipe, tried flashing 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.1.1, custom roms, with Odin
    - tried installing through SD card- i get a failure to recognize signature

PLEASE HELP

Global Posts
    13,796 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Kwame Poku View Post
    Hi guys-- i'm in a bind.

I thought i had the same problem as the above-- but im still stuck on the logo screen.

some background:
    - Samsung S3 (international, swiss)
    - I have no backup
    - my phone is not rooted
    - download mode, and recovery mode work fine
    - rec. mode says unable to mount efs (invalid argument)
    - I have tried absolutely everything, cache wipe, data wipe, tried flashing 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.1.1, custom roms, with Odin
    - tried installing through SD card- i get a failure to recognize signature

PLEASE HELP
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried a factory reset through recovery?

Thanks for the welcome!

yes, i have tried everything under the sun. i have now managed to install cmw touch, but now it wont mount the SD card

I'm in worse shape than this, I believe. My phone ONLY reboots into Odin download mode by itself with the error message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I've pulled the battery and when I replace it, the phone again reboots in the Odin download mode with the same error message. That's all I can get the phone to do. What are my options? Thanks!

Having the same prob, but now that samsung-updates doesn't have much of their stock roms cause of hotfile, i need to find a place where i can get a stock rom that actually works. Can anyone direct me to a site?