Cyanogenmod 11 Memory problem on Samsung galaxy s3

DrewBeezy

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have been combing through this site and other sites trying to find a solution but to no avail. I recently flashed cm11 the latest nightly on my GS3 2 days ago (12-03-2014) and i noticed that now I only have 0.95gb available even though I reinstalled a few games and apps it shouldn't have been that much. I checked my root folders and could not find what was taking up so much memory, I however used Android Tuner and checked the memory consumption and see where its recorded that I have over 9 gigs of media which is crazy. Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if when the next nightly is released it will fix the problem.
Screenshot_2014-03-14-10-15-52[1].png
Screenshot_2014-03-14-10-16-26[1].png

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been combing through this site and other sites trying to find a solution but to no avail. I recently flashed cm11 the latest nightly on my GS3 2 days ago (12-03-2014) and i noticed that now I only have 0.95gb available even though I reinstalled a few games and apps it shouldn't have been that much. I checked my root folders and could not find what was taking up so much memory, I however used Android Tuner and checked the memory consumption and see where its recorded that I have over 9 gigs of media which is crazy. Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if when the next nightly is released it will fix the problem.
View attachment 107934
View attachment 107935
Try the following in order and see if it fixes your problem:
1. Factory Reset (backup your data) then reboot and see if the problem is fixed.
2. Factory Reset, wipe cache then re-install CM11 and Gapps then boot to see if the problem is fixed.
3. Backup the sd card contents on a computer and format it the sd card.

Hopefully one of the above addresses the misreporting of the Media storage.

DrewBeezy

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I added an extra step though, what I did was reboot it in recovery mode, then do a factory wipe and reset. I rebooted after but I still had the problem so I rebooted into recovery again, did a backup to my external SD card, and did a wipe of Data/Media then I restored the backup and I got back my memory!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana