AT&T Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S III First Impressions/Reviews

I have posted this question three time with no answer...

I have configured the WiFi connection to notify when a network is availble, keep on during sleep and auto connect when AT&T wireless hotspot is detected.

My question....is the feature smart enough to turn off when no network is detected? With my BB9810, you had to buy an app, Smart WiFi, to get this functionality.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I like the power button and volume rocker being on the sides of the devices. So much easier to use.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site

I am in love.....

the white is beautiful and sexy....

the button isn't as bad as i thought it would be, its actually pretty nice.....

had to make a run into the ATT store , and all the employees were in awe of my phone lol

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
95% chance there's something wrong with your phone or battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Flipboard versus the actual Facebook and Twitter apps. Should get the apps themselves to get more up-to-date posts.

Bueller....Bueller....anyone? Anyone have an answer to this question?

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

For u guys that have yours already. Is the screen modes in the US versions. I thought I read somewhere that particular setting isn't in our phones. I would be nice to be able to adjust to different color setting with the amoled screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Can someone check if this is available in the US versions?

sburggsx

May 22, 2012
Visit site

how to calibrate? even then drained in 2 hrs is too much and the heat issue

I'm not having a heat issue, but so far my battery wouldn't last a day without being charged. Maybe it would be better if it was in my pocket instead of being used in my hand all the time, but I am still a little concerned.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

In addition to S Planner being replaced by the Calendar app, I also noticed that the color saturation setting appears to be missing.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I used Flipboard when it was first released on iOS, just to say that I used it. But, lately I've been trying it more and more, and will add Facebook to it to see how well it works...

I have the Facebook app installed, BUT, I have notifications off. I could have sworn for the moment I had notifications on, the battery was getting killed. Then again, it is just a social media app, so who needs notifications :)

Bueller....Bueller....anyone? Anyone have an answer to this question?

jbarrack

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
First thing that stands out to me is the screen. I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus and to me this screen is much bigger and brighter. You don't realize how much extra space you get in apps and on the screen when you remove the on screen buttons.

Second thing, size and weight. Its VERY thin and light. Third, and most important for me, the volume. It seems to be twice as loud as the GNex.

So far, I'm in love.. One thing I don't like is the AT&T bloatware. This is the first Android phone I've purchased from a carrier and that junk has got to go. I just hid the apps for now. Eventually I'll root and remove.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I used Flipboard when it was first released on iOS, just to say that I used it. But, lately I've been trying it more and more, and will add Facebook to it to see how well it works...

I have the Facebook app installed, BUT, I have notifications off. I could have sworn for the moment I had notifications on, the battery was getting killed. Then again, it is just a social media app, so who needs notifications :)

I started a thread about this issue. It has been suggested that Facebook is a battery hog. The Friendcaster app has been suggested. I have used the Facebook and Twitter app links in Flipboard but was concerned that the posts were not as current as on my PC.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

First thing that stands out to me is the screen. I'm coming from the Galaxy Nexus and to me this screen is much bigger and brighter. You don't realize how much extra space you get in apps and on the screen when you remove the on screen buttons.

Second thing, size and weight. Its VERY thin and light. Third, and most important for me, the volume. It seems to be twice as loud as the GNex.

So far, I'm in love.. One thing I don't like is the AT&T bloatware. This is the first Android phone I've purchased from a carrier and that junk has got to go. I just hid the apps for now. Eventually I'll root and remove.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

I read that Sprint's version has more bloatware.

Gdauti1981

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Just got the phone today and so far I love it, especially with just how fluid the UI is, the web browsing, and the phone in general. My latest phone before the S3 was the Note, and while I loved the display size of the Note, I hated the lag; the S III has no such issue what-so-ever.

So far, aside from the processor, my favorite feature is the notification signal, as well as the no lag camera shooter. Though I'm sure once I start using the phone even more, I'll find many more additional features that will be a favorite of mine.

Cheers everyone and enjoy!

ballison78

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my white GS3 today. Initial impressions......

-The Pentile display appears to be a non-issue. It looks fantastic to my eyes.
-I love the design, it is plastic of course but feels very premium to me me. Super thin.
-It is fast as hell. Performance seems way more fluid than on my HOX.
-TouchWiz still sucks but the Nature UX is actually kind of refreshing. Love the ripple effect on the lock screen. Tons of bells and whistles.
-Battery life seems just OK (on HSPA+) Perhaps a little worse than the HOX.
-The Samsung keyboard has taken a lot of tweaking to get it to work how I want it. I may just load Smart Kb Pro instead.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Got my white GS3 today. Initial impressions......

-The Pentile display appears to be a non-issue. It looks fantastic to my eyes.
-I love the design, it is plastic of course but feels very premium to me me. Super thin.
-It is fast as hell. Performance seems way more fluid than on my HOX.
-TouchWiz still sucks but the Nature UX is actually kind of refreshing. Love the ripple effect on the lock screen. Tons of bells and whistles.
-Battery life seems just OK (on HSPA+) Perhaps a little worse than the HOX.
-The Samsung keyboard has taken a lot of tweaking to get it to work how I want it. I may just load Smart Kb Pro instead.

Disagree respectfully with the last three points. Sense is less geared toward UX whereas the TouchWiz has been improved and does need a little work but doesn't suck. Battery life at two hours of moderate use in AT&T "4G" non-LTE is at 95%. The virtual keyboard which I am still getting accustomed to being a RIM physical keyboard person is much better than the HOX and other Android phones that I have seen. I do however find myself using it in landscape mode alot. Trying to break myself of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez