After the OTA Install

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After I installed the OTA and the APK to get my search back everything is much better!

Now when I am inside work I get a MUCH better data connection. It's nice to see this small update for me anyways. Anyone else see a signal boost?

Lets hear it!

Reactions: b0btech

srini4digit

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
After I installed the OTA and the APK to get my search back everything is much better!

Now when I am inside work I get a MUCH better data connection. It's nice to see this small update for me anyways. Anyone else see a signal boost?

Lets hear it!

oh yeah .. i also saw better data connection .. my bars now show 4 instead of 3 and the data is definitely better ..

Reactions: cgardnervt

2KDad

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
So I have the "old" .apk but when I search the contents of my S3, of all the .apk files, none of them have "google" or "search" in the file name. Is this a hidden file, or is my complete newness to Android becoming embarrassingly obvious?? :-[

2KDad

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I realize that I wasn't very clear in my previous post. I have a copy of the .apk file that I will need to copy to my S3 after the update. What I'm not clear about is which directory should I copy the file to on my S3? Thanks again for the reply, hopefully this time I was a little more clear... :confused:

RazorOrange

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am in Central Florida and I received the update yesterday. It didnt ask me if I wanted to update or not, it just installed in the background when I was connected to a Wi-Fi network. The only reason I even found out was because I was checking my battery usage and saw that an ATT update had used 11% of my battery.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
got mine through Kies today.what does it all update does anyone know exactly?

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

It takes away universal search and leaves the phone with just basically web search with Google. I also read that there are some modem tweaks but my signal has been good everywhere I have been. Have you noticed any differences to signal level or performance? I have still not updated.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update in kies as well, i had the old apk installed in under 10 seconds gotta love the global search :) So far i can't really say if the update has improved the antennas or not, time will tell i guess. :)

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I've never used the search function on any of my phones. So I won't miss it. Why am I going to search for an app that's right under the search bar. Maybe for a song maybe. But I'm a update junky any ways . Loves me any updates I can get.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm the opposite. Unless I read that an update fixes a specific issue I have and doesn't create a new one that will affect my work, I will not install it.

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
not me,I always want the latest and greatest., but it does seems more fluid and battery life seems better.anyone else see these improvements?

from MY SIII in sunny FL.