Google Music Local Copy

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Having uploaded some music to Google Music and it now shows up in Music Manager and the phone's Play Music app. The Play Music app gives you the option of storing the music on the phone (off-line) so you can play it and not get hit with Streaming Data charges. Is there some way to configure it to use the external microSD card in the phone? I could not find anything but if you don't know how to ask the question you often don't find the answer with Google and Bing.

If anyone knows, please post.

Thanks

Mike

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just transfer your music from your computer directly to the sd card? It seems you are taking the long way around Robinhood's barn!:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: robstunner

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just transfer your music from your computer directly to the sd card? It seems you are taking the long way around Robinhood's barn!:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The major reason is to use BT Audio on my Infiniti Head Unit. For some reason if I use Play Music the damn thing sees it and has the Artists/Albums/etc on the screen. If I use any of the other music players I have to control it from the phone. At least that is what I am seeing, time will tell. Can you use locally downloaded/copy music in the Play Music app? If you can then I am ready.

Mike

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The major reason is to use BT Audio on my Infiniti Head Unit. For some reason if I use Play Music the damn thing sees it and has the Artists/Albums/etc on the screen. If I use any of the other music players I have to control it from the phone. At least that is what I am seeing, time will tell. Can you use locally downloaded/copy music in the Play Music app? If you can then I am ready.

Mike

Yes you can.

Reactions: dmmattix

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Then I will dig deeper and move some music over to the microSD card and see if Play Music can play them. One other thing I was hoping to do was to use Music Manager to upload PodCasts as I currently have to manage those via the phone interface but there are issues with Play Music losing its place when you go back to podcasts so that is less of an issue right now.

Thanks

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez