Is my battery good, decent, or bad?

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if my battery is good, decent or bad? I ask because I feel like I'm constantly charging it all the time. Maybe it seems like it because I'm on it too much but I didn't know if this was average or not.
Garnet Red Sgs3

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Chrome is sucking your battery dry. Why don't you try disabling or uninstalling Chrome for a while and see if that helps?

Your cell standby is also kinda high, are you having signal issues? That can cause major battery drain as well.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm sitting at 2% going at 25 hours with 4.5 hours screen time. So to be that low with that short amount of time is insane.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Has it consistently been like this or just this most recent time?

It's been consistent it seems. I love the phone though so I'm hoping a battery swap would do the trick.

Looks like Chrome is sucking your battery dry. Why don't you try disabling or uninstalling Chrome for a while and see if that helps?

Your cell standby is also kinda high, are you having signal issues? That can cause major battery drain as well.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

I will try that but last night I recently started using Chrome and the battery is still rather drained. I go between 2 and 4 bars of signal strength in 4G not 4G lte.

what's your screen time?

You can only get up to 4 and usually closer to 3 hours of actual usage

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure what it was then but I can do another screen shot when I'm at about 5%. I fell asleep at about 6am with 60% and now at 9am I'm down to 24%.

Yeah, I'm sitting at 2% going at 25 hours with 4.5 hours screen time. So to be that low with that short amount of time is insane.

I know. Ugh I love this phone so hopefully a battery swap is all that's needed.

Garnet Red Sgs3

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's at 24% just in case I forget when I get lower. I've been meaning to post sooner but every time I get low I plug it in then think about posting later.

Garnet Red Sgs3

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yowza... I've had my phone for about 3 weeks and the first thing I did was to do the calibration process mentioned here: Calibrate Android Phone/Tablet Battery and Achieve Longer Battery Life I also installed Juice Defender and when I have some light days of use, I often get almost 2 days on a single charge. Right now the charge has lasted 22 hrs 39 m 10s and I have 66% battery. My Chrome burn rate is 4% though my default browser is Dolphin which doesn't even show on the battery setting.

You probably use your phone way more than I do, but I would recommend taking the steps I did and using Juice Defender. And you may have a funky battery too. I'm a noob as well and hope you get it resolved. I love my phone and have been very pleased with it from day one.

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Read more on the reviews the further I looked down the reviews the more I seen that it caused battery drains in the s3. Thanks guys I'm hoping this works I don't want to exchange my phone.

Garnet Red Sgs3

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been noticing a huge drain on my phone in the past several weeks, something different from when I first got this phone. I just turned off Light Flow Lite today, maybe I'll uninstall as well.

I have the Verizon version.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87