Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Quote Originally Posted by rteichman View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. I also have airport expresses around my house and use it for whole home audio without wires. I was ok without my iPhone until my Mac mini died. Now I gave no way to get music to my speaker system :-(

    As for why there is no iPhone S3 forum its because people get too emotional about each device. Neither side can admit to flaws or better features in the competing device lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    But there isn't anything for Droid users to admit JUST KIDDING! No, I'm not..yes I'm kidding, well maybe not completely.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Never said it was better just on par. Clearly something was wrong because my outdoor pics have never been washed out that badly.
    hossman12 likes this.
  3. #28  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    It's funny because numerous test show the iPhone camera is better. Only on a GS3 forum will you find ppl that say the S3 camera is better. It's not even close. I had (3) S3's and none recorded video like my 5. Nor took pictures. The the GS3 might be better in other areas but not the camera.
    My sgs2 cam was better than the ip5. Proved it multiple times.

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #29  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    I don't know, my iPhone also took better pictures than my current S3. I'm not switching back because when I care about a picture I take my camera. However it was nice being able to get great pictures from my iPhone. Just this morning I took a picture out my window with my S3 to show a colleague at work. I was once again reminded of how much better pictures my iPhone took. I'm not sure if its the camera, lens, software, or what, but the iPhone pictures just looked better.

    Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Something was definitely wrong then because my pics with both were on par with each other. Wish I still had them to post on here. My wife and I took the pictures when I got the s3 and she had the 4 and 4s.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  5. #30  

    Default switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    My sgs2 cam was better than the ip5. Proved it multiple times.

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Really?? If you say so. I had that phone also before I bought a 4S. I think the HTC X One takes better pictures than the SG3.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    I just figure I use my phone as a phone and mini computer more than I use it as a camera and it is a phone so I buy it for it's phone and mini computer features. If I want a good camera, I buy a camera.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
  7. #32  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Now u talking a different boat lol the one x cam kills my Gnex the ip5 and both the s2 and s3 imo

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #33  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    Really?? If you say so. I had that phone also before I bought a 4S. I think the HTC X One takes better pictures than the SG3.
    Mean to quote u lol

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #34  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    It's probably just my device but my S3 lags frequently whenever I'm typing, I've factory resetted my phone after updating to JB but the phone still lags, oddly, after I clear the RAM, it lags when I press the home button. I think I've got a faulty device because the return button is not quite responsive either. And I have noticed that the camera is not as great as I would have imagined. Aside from these technical issues, the only thing that makes me really miss the iPhone are a handful of apps that I use regularly that either Google Play does not have or the same app in the Play store is rather buggy and prone to issues. But the S3 is a great looking phone, a bit too big for my preference. The lagging issue really puts me off though.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    No lag here except for the occasional texting lag but even my iPhone 4 and 4s had text lag from time to time.

    What apps are you missing?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  11. #36  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    I just converted my son from his i4 to the GS3.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    kingjavs likes this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    After having this phone for 5 months I am very happy. I don't have any lag at all and have installed Apex launcher which is superb. The speed is absolutely amazing after you set it up correctly.

    The only thing that bothered me was the stock email app and the way it is, so I installed Auqumail and have been very happy with it.

    I actually love the camera on the Gs3 and I am amazed at the pictures it takes. I have the the Evo Lte, 4, and girlfriend has 4s. My Gs3 takes better pics out of them all. I think I got a really great copy of the Gs3. Plus I'm a photographer.

    I think the biggest problem for phones is animation. I have my animations turned off in developer options and turned off in Apex. With those turned off, your phone should fly.

    Also, live wallpapers will fill up your ram and make your phone slower.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Evo Lte with a sick Sense of humor with a rating of 4.0!
  13. #38  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Camerawise iphone 5 > GS3. The quality on the ip5 is not comparable to the GS3, ip is way superior.

    Anything else GS3 is better, being an iphone user for 3 years, I switch to my sammy s3 a couple of months ago, and I will not go back to iphones(unless they change the IOS completely that is, and we all know its not gonna happen anytime soon).

    On a side note my brother has an ip 5 he bought on release day and he is planning on selling it because of how awesome my GS3 is. He also owned an iphone 4, and 3GS.

    TBH. I am one of those people who uses their phone for everything I can, and with the GS3 I have found infinite things that I can tweak/modify and it is awesome!
  14. #39  
    KreepyKen's Avatar
    Just a cool guy

    Posts
    389 Posts
    ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    The GS3 has a slightly upgraded version of the SAME camera in in the iPhone 4S. It's basically the exact same hardware. The differences you see in quality between the two phones are a result of software. I have found that the GS3 takes stellar photos in daylight. I had serious quality issues in low-light situations, but that seems to have drastically improved with the new camera in the 4.1.1 update.

    The camera in the iPhone 5 is the next step up from the one found in the iPhone 4/SGS 3, and as such, will naturally take better pictures than they will. But again, it's heavily dependent on software. Hopefully Samsung will figure this out and start really paying attention to the camera apps they develop.

    Of course, there are other cameras in the Play Store that may yield better results than the stock camera.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    My brother has a iPhone 4, and its performance is very great especially the tap experience. But with the latest high-end Android smartphones' popular, he just want to get a S 3 and he found that apps will all be missed from the article""
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com
  16. #41  

    Default Re: switching from iPhone 4 to Galaxy S3 today (on ATT)

    Just finished the activation and setup of my S3. Switched from iPhone 4s. Not going to even look back!!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Text Messages - From iPhone to Galaxy S3
    By ChrisLuce#IM in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 12:44 PM
  2. Switching from iPhone to Galaxy - have questions
    By elorahd in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
  3. Desiring to upgrade from iphone to Galaxy S3
    By tech_fan in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
  5. Ready to switch from Iphone to incredible but...
    By tlucca in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 10:30 PM

Posting Permissions

B