Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Are u sure you have Jelly Bean?
    Interesting you asked, I figured someone would. I was wondering myself so I checked, version 4.1.1 and my notification bar at the top of the screen is definitely still black.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
    Hmm, I turned on "airplane mode" before starting the update, figuring I didn't want it interrupted by a phone call or something - now its been stuck with a green android guy on the S3 screen with the words "downloading... Do not turn off target!!!" for the last half hour, with no progress on the Kies upgrade window. It's not trying to download via the phone, is it???
    are you a bit slow bro?

As an Android newbie (since Aug), I haven't updated my phone before and just updated Kies. When I plug my phone in it immediately shows the JB update available and gives you a number of 'warnings' of which one is to fully charge the battery which I'm doing right now. Presuming the update goes as planned, will it remove the folders I've created in 4.0.1 or change any settings? I would hope all it will do is update the OS and leave everything as is especially since I'm running stock Touch Wiz, with no launchers, roots or ROMs. Thanks.

So I updated successfully but now in the locked screen, when I press a button, I get a flashing red rectangle box that goes away once I unlock the phone and start an application. Any ideas as to what is going on here? It was not there before the update.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyp5 View Post
    Smooth i'm a bit scared to do it :P. Nah I'm going to try to reset it and redo it. My interent has been so terrible lately that i havent even used wifi. I think our wireless in our router is going out. Modem hook up is fine and outside TW levels are too. About to hook up the oldie but good g linksys router.

-edit also everything went on kies until the downloading part that switched to my phone but kies firmware upgrade is just waiting i think for the phone to download the package. Thats just what i am thinking
    tw...

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    As an Android newbie (since Aug), I haven't updated my phone before and just updated Kies. When I plug my phone in it immediately shows the JB update available and gives you a number of 'warnings' of which one is to fully charge the battery which I'm doing right now. Presuming the update goes as planned, will it remove the folders I've created in 4.0.1 or change any settings? I would hope all it will do is update the OS and leave everything as is especially since I'm running stock Touch Wiz, with no launchers, roots or ROMs. Thanks.
    I haven't noticed any changed settings so far.

And, for the record, my notification bar is lighter than it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by soli2005 View Post
    I'm on Version 10.5.8 I also looked if there are any software updates available on my computer and it said everything is up to date. I uninstalled Kies twice just now and noticed after I get the update prompt, the update crashes when I press update. Then I get the message about reporting the problem to Apple, relaunching or ignore. This is so frustrating!
    Hrmm the update to Kies should be straight from the Kies app, and not through OSX itself. Is your version of Java current? That was what initially kept me from being able to update because I received the error message saying I needed to update Java.
    Download Kies from this link, that's what I did.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jblank View Post
    There will be no OTA, you have to use Kies.
    Quote Originally Posted by pagehite View Post
    According to ATT there's not gonna be one. It's Kies or nothing.
    Does anybody here know if its normal for the devs/smart guys here and/or at XDA to grab the file and make an alternative method available for the official upgrades like this?

I've been through the day from hell here. Started trying the upgrade last night. Tried it twice, and it hung both times at 0% downloading to the device. I guess because it was at 0%, after a battery pull (after waiting 2 hours or more) it rebooted normally. I gave up after two tries last night.

Sat down this morning to try again. Rebooted the computer, rebooted the phone. Started Kies, made sure its the latest one. This time it got to 21% download to the device before it hung. I gave up after 90 minutes and pulled the battery. But since the firmware download had been partially done, it wouldn't reboot - just came up to a screen about failed upgrade. Went through the emergency restore procedure FOUR times, including chatting with Samsung online, removing and reinstalling Kies, and more reboots of both computer and phone than I could count. No joy.

Gave up and headed for my nearest AT&T store. Took them an hour to be able to explain to me that there was nothing they could do there except order me a replacement shipped overnight, or send me to the regional support center, about half an hour away. I chose to drive to the regional support center (bad decision!) They were able to restore my phone and save all the data/programs, but its back to ICS 4.0.4, they said they didn't have JB yet. So, got home after nearly 4 hours away, plus about 3 hours of screwing with it this morning. I'm sitting here now, thinking about the fact that since I have the SAME phone that wouldn't take the upgrade before, that I'm more than a little afraid to try it again!

Sure wish I'd have a replacement sent, then the FIRST thing I'd do is the upgrade, before doing a restore of my backup file and then installing whatever apps I need to.

So... what are my options now?!?!
    Longtime BlackBerry user, navigating my way through the Android forest,
    sometimes wishing for a better map!

None of the new camera and gallery features work on JB. Anyone get filmstrip to work on our phones?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
    I've been through the day from hell here. Started trying the upgrade last night. Tried it twice, and it hung both times at 0% downloading to the device. I guess because it was at 0%, after a battery pull (after waiting 2 hours or more) it rebooted normally. I gave up after two tries last night.

Sat down this morning to try again. Rebooted the computer, rebooted the phone. Started Kies, made sure its the latest one. This time it got to 21% download to the device before it hung. I gave up after 90 minutes and pulled the battery. But since the firmware download had been partially done, it wouldn't reboot - just came up to a screen about failed upgrade. Went through the emergency restore procedure FOUR times, including chatting with Samsung online, removing and reinstalling Kies, and more reboots of both computer and phone than I could count. No joy.
    So... what are my options now?!?!
    I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but I had a similar experience yesterday. Mine would hang at 99%. After 20 minutes I disconnected the phone and rebooted the phone and computer. I tried again and then Kies would not recognize my phone. Closed Kies and tried again and it still would not recognize my phone so closed it and then re-opened Kies and it recognized my phone and then hung at 99% again. I disconnected and rebooted the phone and computer and tried again and this time it just worked.
    It appears that you did everything right, so I can't really give more insight except that it eventually worked for me. (I never did an emergency restore.) And when it did work the whole process took around 30 minutes or less.
    Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you but you might want to just try a few more times.

I cant get it to work can someone help me? It just say connecting email me or reply

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Came home, stated kies and it was easy squeezy, lemon peezy. Left sprint this week and joned up w/ At&t and got jelly bean today. Sweet!!

I Also have been unsuccessful with the update. Uninstalled and re installed Kies, get the update pop up, but when I go to update I get stuck at 100% on the "downloading firmware upgrade components" screen. It just stays there and then either closes or freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by Voliam View Post
    HOW FRUSTRATING! D/L and installed Kies, connected SIII, selected upgrade to JB, D/L "firmware upgrade components". Upgrade screen closes, then Kies closes. No other activity reported, and phone shows home screen the entire time. I was able to backup phone using Kies, but upgrade doesn't work!
    Uninstalled/ reinstalled Kies- same as above. SMDH!!!

Finally, after about 5 hrs, got it! If I had to guess, server congestion was causing it all...
    I've been having he same issue all afternoon. Crashes after the downloading of firmware upgrade components. I got on Samsung Chat and the tech told me I have to have Duo Core processor. My AMD V140 (single core) won't work according to him.

Extremely frustrating to say the least. 100% on the "Downloading firmware upgrade components" and it just sits there and then closes. Were others having this and it eventually went away when the servers cleared up? I've been trying for about 4 hours now with the same exact result each time.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    Came home, stated kies and it was easy squeezy, lemon peezy. Left sprint this week and joned up w/ At&t and got jelly bean today. Sweet!!
    Whodatboy dat jest sed dat? Everone know dat da sayin' goes: 'easy peasy lemon squeezy' . . an not "easy squeezy, lemon peezy" !

i can't get Kies to work on my laptop. Uninstalled it and re-installed it numerous times; it seems to be caught in a loop. Anyone have ideas? i REALLY want jelly bean....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I'm having issues downloading it. It starts the download then after the first step it just stops left my phone in for over 30 minutes and nothing and I'm not rooted

Same deal, scottus. I get to 100% on that first firmware component screen and it just sits at 100% for about ten minutes and then closes itself. At least our reports are similar, probably a bogged down server issue with it being evening. I'll try again at 10pm Eastern with an update.

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    Whodatboy dat jest sed dat? Everone know dat da sayin' goes: 'easy peasy lemon squeezy' . . an not "easy squeezy, lemon peezy" !
    Lol......Got that from a old geico commercial but either way. It was easy

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk

it has been doing this all day today and last night when i first found out

downloaded newest Kies and installed, verified current version. Hook up phone and all looks good until...it does what looks like a download but then gives me a notice that it needs 3000mb space and an okay button. Which place does it need that much space, everything (including phone) has at least 4gb of space available. I changed save location in tools and that made no difference (default was my external hard drive but changed to others but no help). Can't figure out why I keep getting this. I've dumped almost everything from phone and internal card to and external drive and can't get it to work. Rebooted also. Any and all help is VERY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Damn. Hope it's not a firewall or hardware issue with our PCs then.

it might be try turning off firewall and see i will do the same and update
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Boswell View Post
    Damn. Hope it's not a firewall or hardware issue with our PCs then.

Global Posts
    3,433 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

WARNING WARNING WARNING
    After installing JB 4.1.1 do not, repeat do not enable "talk back". It will freeze your phone colder than a well digger's tool. Just got off live chat with Samsung, and they know about the problem. After about a half hour, i was able to get to the accessibility screen, and disable "talk back". Phone is back, and working great again, but that's one mistake i will never make again. Good luck to all.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast