AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

imbacon

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
downloaded newest Kies and installed, verified current version. Hook up phone and all looks good until...it does what looks like a download but then gives me a notice that it needs 3000mb space and an okay button. Which place does it need that much space, everything (including phone) has at least 4gb of space available. I changed save location in tools and that made no difference (default was my external hard drive but changed to others but no help). Can't figure out why I keep getting this. I've dumped almost everything from phone and internal card to and external drive and can't get it to work. Rebooted also. Any and all help is VERY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
WARNING WARNING WARNING
After installing JB 4.1.1 do not, repeat do not enable "talk back". It will freeze your phone colder than a well digger's tool. Just got off live chat with Samsung, and they know about the problem. After about a half hour, i was able to get to the accessibility screen, and disable "talk back". Phone is back, and working great again, but that's one mistake i will never make again. Good luck to all.:)

Rondor

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Same deal, scottus. I get to 100% on that first firmware component screen and it just sits at 100% for about ten minutes and then closes itself. At least our reports are similar, probably a bogged down server issue with it being evening. I'll try again at 10pm Eastern with an update.

Had the same problem. I turned off Microsoft Security Essentials and right-clicked on Kies and selected "Run as Administrator". It then worked. Not sure which one made it work, if any. I'm on Windows 7. I had tried reinstalling Kies before this and it stopped at 100% on first screen 5 times for me.

Edbarry

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to put the update on my GS3 I am rooted using TWRP and running CM10. However I like touchwiz and would like to put it back on with jellybean. Can I just download the zip and flash it with TWRP like I would with a custom rom.
Thanks

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm one of lucky ones. Downloaded Kies to my MacBook, updated it and then ran update for my S3. Took about 35 minutes for Jelly Bean to download and install. Was worried in wake of many a report on Mac woes with Kies. But all worked well. Happy camper here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm one of lucky ones. Downloaded Kies to my MacBook, updated it and then ran update for my S3. Took about 35 minutes for Jelly Bean to download and install. Was worried in wake of many a report on Mac woes with Kies. But all worked well. Happy camper here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Same here.. Mac user as well and had no issues with updating Via Kies. Loving JB so far! The only thing I wish I could change is that dark grey notification bar at the top.. I prefer it to be black.

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Just finished my updated via Kies; it was very slow downloading the file into Kies but the update was pretty quick.
Do anyone know how to get the split screen?

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ahh ok I see what your talking about now. Thats not really a Big deal for me but I can see how that would be Handy for some people. Might be just a nexus thing Or possibly a 4.1.2 thing. I have no Idea lol