Official AT&T Jelly Bean and Notifications

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a standard AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 with official Jelly Bean via Keis.

I only installed it yesterday, and thus far it seems to me that notifications are rather poor. I've received emails and the likes, with no vibrate, LED notification, sound or anything.

Anyone else noticing this?

Thanks in advance

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
After updating, I noticed my texts started to arrive with both sound and vibration. The vibration was new. I turned it off in settings. Apparently the update is capable of altering this stuff.

gutierreze

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to stop the sound and vibrate for incoming sms messages. It's quite annoying. Anyone else having that issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My notifications have been just fine.

There are a couple of places for notifications, the ones for texting and the ones for the entire phone.

wickedcontra

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
go to sounds on settings and there are more options for notifications there too. i took the vibrate setting all the way down to off.

othershoe1

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Notification LED stopped working for incoming texts, calls, emails. The only thing it does now is show red when it's charging, and green when it's fully charged. Thanks Google ... you made my phone less capable ... must be an undocumented feature.
I have a standard AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 with official Jelly Bean via Keis.

I only installed it yesterday, and thus far it seems to me that notifications are rather poor. I've received emails and the likes, with no vibrate, LED notification, sound or anything.

Anyone else noticing this?

Thanks in advance

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My facebook notifications seemed a little shoddy for a bit, but seemed to eventually work itself out.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the LED notification light is different now and to be honest, I actually feel my phone is less snappy than before updating. Also, when I press and hold the home key to swipe apps away, it takes far longer than it did with ICS. The good news is Google Now works great, but otherwise I don't see any real major changes. If anything the phone doesn't perform as well as it did with 4.0.4.. My two cents.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the LED notification light is different now and to be honest, I actually feel my phone is less snappy than before updating. Also, when I press and hold the home key to swipe apps away, it takes far longer than it did with ICS. The good news is Google Now works great, but otherwise I don't see any real major changes. If anything the phone doesn't perform as well as it did with 4.0.4.. My two cents.

I totally agree!

As a test, press the volume button up or down (for vibrate etc.) and you're really see how slow it is.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My notifications haven't missed a beat. They've been perfect since the upgrade.

The only big thing I noticed is that my battery life suffered a little bit. And because I also suffer from the random plummet problem, I decided to just format my SD card, factory reset the phone, and start all over again with a fresh 4.1.1. I spent the second half of the day installing apps and setting things up (blech).

I'm experiencing a few glitches that didn't happen before the update:
  1. For some reason, I can't change the wallpaper of the lock screen. I changed the background of the phone, but the lock screen (pin) still has that stupid dandelion. Before I reset the phone, it used the phone wallpaper for the lock screen wallpaper. WTH? (Well, figured that one out)
  2. As someone else mentioned, "AT&T" sometimes appears in the upper left corner. It used to just be there when the lock screen was on and would go away when I unlocked the phone. Now, once in a while, it sticks around and clutters up my notification bar while I'm using the phone.
  3. I had it set to turn off the screen after 1 minute of inactivity, but wait another 15 seconds before locking the screen (so if the screen went dark, I'd have another 15 seconds where I could unlock it with just a swipe and not have to put in my pin). Now, if both settings aren't set to 1 minute, the phone goes dark after 10 seconds. Not a big problem, but if the screen goes dark, the phone locks immediately and I don't have that 15-second grace period.

Weird.

wickedcontra

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You sr. Are an idiot. You are the one that installed jelly bean. Why are you thanking google for you own ing doing. You did it no one made you do it deal with it. You are the only responsible for this. Dont find some one to blame. Sorry I was harsh. Just do a recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Since Wednesday, I think that's when I installed Jelly Bean, the battery life has been fine.

Yesterday evening I installed Twitter. I was using Plume, but got tired of the slow notifications (i.e. every ten minutes), and my battery went from 98% to 17% in five hours!

As you can imagine I'm not impressed. And to think I was asleep and NO apps were running when I put the device down. I'm certainly not happy.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You sr. Are an idiot. You are the one that installed jelly bean. Why are you thanking google for you own ing doing. You did it no one made you do it deal with it. You are the only responsible for this. Dont find some one to blame. Sorry I was harsh. Just do a recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Harsh man! :D

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't see what you guys are talking about...mine is fast and snappy...no lag whatsoever....maybe I got lucky lol

I'm with you! My phone is flying and notifications work great. Battery life is about the same...I dunno:confused:

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Funny you should say that, this evening it is working much better. I even performed the test I initially suggested and it is working as it should.

I bet my device heard me talking about resetting it to factory, and it got scared :)

I don't see what you guys are talking about...mine is fast and snappy...no lag whatsoever....maybe I got lucky lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa