mms comes in as video format

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
When my daughter sends me two or more pictures, from her iPhone, to my phone, in the mms format, they come in as a video format. That is, one picture in a box, with an arrow in the middle. When i tap on the arrow, the other picture(s) appear as the timer on the bottom of the screen runs down. I can't figure out how to save each picture individually. Are the message settings in my SGSIII screwed up? Is this an iPhone to Android thing? Some help, please.:'(

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When my daughter sends me two or more pictures, from her iPhone, to my phone, in the mms format, they come in as a video format. That is, one picture in a box, with an arrow in the middle. When i tap on the arrow, the other picture(s) appear as the timer on the bottom of the screen runs down. I can't figure out how to save each picture individually. Are the message settings in my SGSIII screwed up? Is this an iPhone to Android thing? Some help, please.:'(

That is a problem with the Proprietary messaging app for iPhones. I changed to Go SMS Pro and there is a setting for iPhone comparability. It is a lot better than the stock Messaging app.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That is a problem with the Proprietary messaging app for iPhones. I changed to Go SMS Pro and there is a setting for iPhone comparability. It is a lot better than the stock Messaging app.

I used Go SMS Pro before i was rooted, and had problems with my lock screen, so i deleted it. Now, those issues have been resolved, so Go SMS Pro may be a viable alternative. Please tell me if there are any things that i will lose, by using Go SMS Pro. I particularly enjoy sending people the android emoji(emoticon) in my messages. Tap the lower left screen, and bring them up. Will i lose that feature? Thanks for your replies.:):p;)

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
That method will not work for me, if pictures are sent via MMS, from an iPhone to my SGSIII. :p

Works for me.

Will the badge notifications still show up on the lock screen when using GoSMS?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
New problem with Go SMS Pro..I send a text msg from my wife's iPhone to my SGSIII, and i get the notification sound twice. Once from Go SMS, and once from her contact name in my phone. One msg, two notification sounds. I had already shut down the regular msg app, and "froze" it with Titanium Backup.

This is my second round with Go SMS Pro. There is something going on with their app, and your contacts list. Anyway, there are way too many settings on this app, but i believe that i've tried every combination that i could think of, without success. Somebody please tell me if i've overlooked something.:confused:

?UPDATE?Problem solved. Somehow, the "default notification" sound(the one in the phone, not the app), got changed to the incoming msg sound. Drove me crazy, which doesn't take much, but finally got everything working correctly.:):D:p

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Works for me on my s3....hmmm....
its when u see the message not after clicking the mms and then trying to save it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Got it all sorted out now. Finally got Go SMS Pro working correctly, and i can open and save the photos. IMHO, that app has too many settings, but many thanks to GTWalling for his suggestion.:):D:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress