AT&T Galaxy S8 Video and Photo Format Too Large

Diverjim

Feb 5, 2023
Visit site
I've been experiencing an issue that is very bothersome and can't seem to find a fix....if there is one.

When viewing Facebook and clicking on certain videos posted by others, my Samsung 8+ screen size for viewing becomes larger. That is, the picture or whatever, fills the entire screen and even bigger to where I have to scroll to view the entire picture/video.

No only that, but upon clicking certain videos, the screen rotates from landscape to portait then after completing the video, the format reverses back from portait to landscape...back and forth. Normal viewing for me when scrolling through Posts and Comments is in Landscape. Only when I click on something like a picture (like I said) causes the viewed item full screen and bigger. Very irritating.

I can tolerate the change in format, but the size of the pictures is the biggest issue. I tried re-installing Facebook but that didn't solve the issue.

What am I missing?

Diverjim

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Send feedback to the Facebook devs about this. Facebook and related apps have a long history of being buggy on Android, and they will also test out new features or modifications on select users (without telling you), so it's hard to say if this is something that everyone experiences. You could try accessing Facebook from your browser instead, and see if the same problems happen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow