4.2.2 on the S3

lavrishevo

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been rooted for quite a while but I have been running AT&T's stock ROM. I just recently downloaded again Cyanogenmod 4.2.2 Anyway, it is working fantastic and it is much faster then the stock ROM. I just wanted to let others know how easy it is to backup your stock setup and install another ROM. No need to wait for your carrier to eventually get around to updating our phone's.

Screenshot_2013-05-25-19-47-35.png

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So you're having more luck with the latest nightly than the RC2? I wonder when the last stable will be released before they do RC1 for 4.2.2.

Posted via Android Central App

lavrishevo

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So you're having more luck with the latest nightly than the RC2? I wonder when the last stable will be released before they do RC1 for 4.2.2.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, I'm not sure why RC2 was having problems with the setup process. But May 24th's nightly installed without an issue. The only thing that still does not work, that is not a deal breaker for me, is visual voice mail.

Edit: Correction. It is working now. :D I also used ROM manager to install and download the rom and gaps. Very simple process.

Last edited:

TheHutchTTU

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Cool, I think I'll give the May 25th's Nightly a try.

Edit:
I ended up installing the RC2 release through recovery mode, and it is working fantastically.
I am very happy with it for my first custom ROM.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez