When will the AT&T S3 get an update??!

shizam76

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Is the 4.2.2 update going to fix the stupid voice to text problem that has plagued us since the Jelly Bean update? Having to turn off my bluetooth headset to voice a text or email is getting WAAAAY to old.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have 4.2.2 on my s4. If you want 4.2.2./an update for your s3, this is your best option. Plus you get the nifty hardware upgrades with it and you'll definitely get 4.3. Problem solved guys. Lol

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: When will the AT&T s3 get an update??!

what version are you all on now? I am still on 4.1.1. I am not sure if this is still the latest at&t release.
i considered CyanogenMod, but I have never used it. is it totally different than the stock OS? I actually like how the stock OS runs (dont hate me), but I am looking for the update. I WANT the split screen. I also like svoice...yes i actually like it lol, but I think i read that CyanogenMod does not support any samsung stuff.
can anyone help me out?

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Is the 4.2.2 update going to fix the stupid voice to text problem that has plagued us since the Jelly Bean update? Having to turn off my bluetooth headset to voice a text or email is getting WAAAAY to old.

Don't know what you are referring to because I have no problem with sending email or text using voice on a bluetooth headset with my GS3 running 4.1.1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

what version are you all on now? I am still on 4.1.1. I am not sure if this is still the latest at&t release.
i considered CyanogenMod, but I have never used it. is it totally different than the stock OS? I actually like how the stock OS runs (dont hate me), but I am looking for the update. I WANT the split screen. I also like svoice...yes i actually like it lol, but I think i read that CyanogenMod does not support any samsung stuff.
can anyone help me out?

It's plenty of touch wiz based roms that are on 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 of u like the tw feel but want more features and benefits of the latest os.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
There would be no use in giving the 4.1.2 update now. By the time at&t gets it out the other carriers will have 4.2.2 or key lime pie.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep but it is just 4.1.2 which doesn't even fix the paid keyboard not staying as default on restart issue.

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

what touch wiz based roms are 4.2.x? im pretty sure there are only 4.1.2 touch wiz based roms.

Ethere

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Yep but it is just 4.1.2 which doesn't even fix the paid keyboard not staying as default on restart issue.

This drives me insane. What's odd, is if you install the Google keyboard from the play store, it does stay the default on reboot but Swiftkey doesn't.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So in the AT&T universe Unicorns and Leprechauns are called: AT&T Locker and AT&T DriveMode. :p
oh some crap i don't use. lmao i am just happy that people finally got what they wanted. now i'll just wait for all the threads about how much it sucks.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This drives me insane. What's odd, is if you install the Google keyboard from the play store, it does stay the default on reboot but Swiftkey doesn't.

That is because Google keyboard is a free app. The issue is that PlayStore installs paid apps in a location that Samsung can't access while assigning the keyboard under Android 4.1.x.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Didn't have to wait long...

Now who is going to be the first to ask where their 4.3 update is? :p

So, Samsung is skipping 4.2.2 on the S3 so they can release 4.3 for us? Where's our update then?!? :D Just kidding, I'm not THAT worried, until we see 4.3 released in Europe and we end up waiting an extra 4-6 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress