att address book horror

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
The hideous att address book now does a prompt every other time I open contacts. I looked for an app to kill but could not find one. Is there something to make that crap go away?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You could try going to settings--application manager--all and locating the AT&T Address Book and disable it (if it allows). Otherwise, you may need to root to be able to do so.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Just cancel it each time, and after a few times, it will stop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
That is my hope. So far I've seen it twice. They really want that data. A search indicated there was a way to disable it in the ATT user website. Not yet able to locate this, as the website layout has been altered since the advice was posted.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I just got my g2 today and this att address book keeps popping up.It won't go away. I can't believe there is no way to stop it

spicylioness

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the S3 and the AT&T address book note "will sync when on a mobile network" is coming up constantly and it's seems to be happening more and more and more often!!!

slwsummer

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
no it does not quit after a time. Mine has been doing it now every action I make with my phone...during dialing, during web browsing, during sending a text message...for well over a week now. HOW do we stop it?? I have been into contacts and said to not sync but it seems worse now...so I changed to say yes, sync...still nothing.

Eric Galloway

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I get the same message on my Galaxy S4 Active and unfortunately NOONE at both AT&T stores knows how to get rid of it. Expect it to happen whenever data is turned off.

Marta Celenia

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I just tried this and it seems to have worked. It was driving me crazy on my galaxy s5. Go to contacts>settings>at&t address book<auto sync contacts: uncheck that. Hope it works for you, it did for me. :D

K Stewart

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
This was a little different on my S5. I had to start with Settings, then choose Contacts and find Accounts. From there I could uncheck the box.

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I also have this when I turn off Cellular Data on Galaxy S5 with latest Android. The Sync setting on mine was really difficult to find... but It was :
Open Contact app (the built in one, not an AT&T thing)
Go to the "..." menu on the upper right and choose Settings
From the next menu Choose Contacts
From the next menu choose Accounts
On this menu, choose the "..." menu on the upper right ((NOT the AT&T Address Book item on the menu, but the "More" button/menu on the upper right)
Uncheck "Auto sync data"

After I did this, I still got one more pop-up, but then it seemed to be gone after that.

Last edited:

Kolmashekidim

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
For my Galaxy S6 Active, the following seems to work to shut off syncing the ATT Address Book: Go to Apps/ Contacts/ (More)/ Settings/ Accounts/ AT&T Address Book, and turn autosync off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch