Computer won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy S3

Caitlin Mccoy

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
If someone can please help that would be fantastic!
Basically I plug my phone into my computer and my computer will not recognize my S3. I honestly just want to root my phone but I have to have a connection first. Please help! Someone? :':)':)'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If someone can please help that would be fantastic!
Basically I plug my phone into my computer and my computer will not recognize my S3. I honestly just want to root my phone but I have to have a connection first. Please help! Someone? :':)':)'(

Welcome to the forums.
Try updating Samsung Drivers for your PC, different USB cables, different USB ports, and do not plug into a USB hub.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you walk me through on how to do that? I'm not all that smart when it comes to this stuff. Sorry. :-\ Many thanks in advance

As for the different cables, just try a different one from another phone. Although it would be easier to try different USB ports first.
As for drivers, they can be found at Samsung's website. Download, and from the download folder, double click to install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Are you using an apple or windows computer?

If it's a windows computer it should recognize the device and let you know if it needs drivers for it.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

suv4run94

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I recently experience the same problem with my GS3, found an article suggesting turning off the phone, remove the battery, wait 15 seconds, put the battery back and on the phone. I after following these steps connected the phone to my laptop and it was able to recognize the phone. I even tried several USB cables blackberry, HTC and the original Samsung USB cable, all 3 cables worked fine and the computer is able to recognize the phone.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently experience the same problem with my GS3, found an article suggesting turning off the phone, remove the battery, wait 15 seconds, put the battery back and on the phone. I after following these steps connected the phone to my laptop and it was able to recognize the phone. I even tried several USB cables blackberry, HTC and the original Samsung USB cable, all 3 cables worked fine and the computer is able to recognize the phone.

Yes, pulling out the battery sometimes helps with a few things.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

nillakau

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've tried different cords (including the one that came with it), I've taken the battery out, I've installed drivers, and still the computer won't recognize it. It only charges. I've been able to connect it to the computer before with no problem.

Tommy Nolen

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've tried different cords (including the one that came with it), I've taken the battery out, I've installed drivers, and still the computer won't recognize it. It only charges. I've been able to connect it to the computer before with no problem.

I have the same issue, I would like a solution too. I have tried all the suggestions so far, even tried multiple computers.

Posted via Android Central App

Rupinder Sethi

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Please assist as my note 3 is not recognised on my laptop when i connect with data cable..

my note 3 was working fine until last week but now when i connect with data cable it is not recognised on my laptop..i tried different pports..also tried cable of samsung grand..no luck..also dsamsung grand is not detecting on laptop..i have windows 7 ultimate which was working fine till last week...

i tried at my work place and note 3 is detecting as before...please assist asap...

- - - Updated - - -

please send link for samsung note 3...

Raiders76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem after I did the factory reset. I found that turning on the "Nearby devices" in the settings activated the MTP so you could make a USB connection.

MaAma Sallar

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I am also experiencing the same problem, and what sucks for me is that I don't really get computers and stuff. any help that is dumbed down to my level would be really appreciated.

Tolase

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Dialing *#0808# worked for me perfectly. Thank you so much. Though I wonder why Samsung didn't make such fixing very easy and obvious.