Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By suv4run94
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Computer won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy S3

If someone can please help that would be fantastic!
    Basically I plug my phone into my computer and my computer will not recognize my S3. I honestly just want to root my phone but I have to have a connection first. Please help! Someone?

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Computer won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin Mccoy View Post
    If someone can please help that would be fantastic!
    Basically I plug my phone into my computer and my computer will not recognize my S3. I honestly just want to root my phone but I have to have a connection first. Please help! Someone?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try updating Samsung Drivers for your PC, different USB cables, different USB ports, and do not plug into a USB hub.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Can you walk me through on how to do that? I'm not all that smart when it comes to this stuff. Sorry. Many thanks in advance

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin Mccoy View Post
    Can you walk me through on how to do that? I'm not all that smart when it comes to this stuff. Sorry. Many thanks in advance
    As for the different cables, just try a different one from another phone. Although it would be easier to try different USB ports first.
    As for drivers, they can be found at Samsung's website. Download, and from the download folder, double click to install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    4,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to the forums!
    Are you using an apple or windows computer?

If it's a windows computer it should recognize the device and let you know if it needs drivers for it.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I recently experience the same problem with my GS3, found an article suggesting turning off the phone, remove the battery, wait 15 seconds, put the battery back and on the phone. I after following these steps connected the phone to my laptop and it was able to recognize the phone. I even tried several USB cables blackberry, HTC and the original Samsung USB cable, all 3 cables worked fine and the computer is able to recognize the phone.
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by suv4run94 View Post
    I recently experience the same problem with my GS3, found an article suggesting turning off the phone, remove the battery, wait 15 seconds, put the battery back and on the phone. I after following these steps connected the phone to my laptop and it was able to recognize the phone. I even tried several USB cables blackberry, HTC and the original Samsung USB cable, all 3 cables worked fine and the computer is able to recognize the phone.
    Yes, pulling out the battery sometimes helps with a few things.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

I'm having the same problem. I've tried different cords (including the one that came with it), I've taken the battery out, I've installed drivers, and still the computer won't recognize it. It only charges. I've been able to connect it to the computer before with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nillakau View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I've tried different cords (including the one that came with it), I've taken the battery out, I've installed drivers, and still the computer won't recognize it. It only charges. I've been able to connect it to the computer before with no problem.
    I have the same issue, I would like a solution too. I have tried all the suggestions so far, even tried multiple computers.

Posted via Android Central App

Cool Re: Computer won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy S3

Try updating drivers. I had the same problem and the update helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Try updating drivers. I had the same problem and the update helped.