4.2.2 roll out

goneflyfishing

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
since this is my first andorid device (former Iphone user), how does the android update 4.2.2 get distributed/downloaded to the device? is it coming from ATT, the play store, HTC or somewhere else?

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
since this is my first andorid device (former Iphone user), how does the android update 4.2.2 get distributed/downloaded to the device? is it coming from ATT, the play store, HTC or somewhere else?

The update will be distributed to the carriers, which then will add their infinite amount of bloatware, and then they will begin to roll it out in what they call OTA, or Over The Air.. You will receive notification of the update being available to you, at which time you can update.. Be sure that your battery is over 80% and that you do the download over a wifi connection, as they are generally faster and are much more consistent with signal..

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
It's one if the negatives with android devices particularly branded phones. You actually have to wait for the carrier to release the update. With apple it was up to them they are in control. Being a flagship phone I have no doubt that we will receive the uppgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My past experiences with android devices (non nexus) is prepared for a lengthy wait, I am kind of glad that Google didn't release a new version of android at I/O ... So hopefully we will actually have the most current version of android eventually.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My past experiences with android devices (non nexus) is prepared for a lengthy wait, I am kind of glad that Google didn't release a new version of android at I/O ... So hopefully we will actually have the most current version of android eventually.

I would hope in the coming weeks we will see an update. Maybe not 4.2.2 but maybe the update to fix our soft keys!

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
4.2 would be nice but KLP is more important to me and lets hope HTC/ATT doesn't decide they've done all they're going to do with 4.2/4.3. As others have said, OS updates are the Achilles heal Android and HTC has never been great at rolling things out. And, as has been mentioned, the carriers then add there bloat and take more time.

Apple has managed to retain the control that everyone else would love to have and there striped down OS and controls that limit carrier bloat are there greatest strength if you ask me. In almost all other ways the flagship Android phones smoke Apple but timely OS updates and control over the carriers bloat are what keeps Apple in the game.

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38