settings bar?

itstwo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've converted from using iPhones for the past... Idk how long. I had the 3 then the 4 and I must say the htc one is a magnificent phone and I love a lot of things about it.

One thing that's been annoying me just a little is the settings bar that shows up at the bottom of my screen on some apps (facebook for example or apps where I can type) it's a little annoying because it's at the bottom of my screen (I think it's black with 3 white dots?)

Anyway I know this isn't a big deal but I was wondering if there was a way to remove this bar from the bottom. I've looked through the settings and havent found anything. Anyway thank you for reading.

I love my HTC one :)

Thanks

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The bar you are speaking of is there because the One doesn't have a dedicated 'Menu' button. That bar will go away if and when the app developer updates their app to conform to Google's latest specifications for Android apps. If it annoys you enough, contact the app developers customer support and let them know their customers would appreciate it if they update their app.

itstwo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply and this is the answer I was looking for. Since the htc one is still quite a new phone it's understandable that this is happening. Thanks!!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've converted from using iPhones for the past... Idk how long. I had the 3 then the 4 and I must say the htc one is a magnificent phone and I love a lot of things about it.

One thing that's been annoying me just a little is the settings bar that shows up at the bottom of my screen on some apps (facebook for example or apps where I can type) it's a little annoying because it's at the bottom of my screen (I think it's black with 3 white dots?)

Anyway I know this isn't a big deal but I was wondering if there was a way to remove this bar from the bottom. I've looked through the settings and havent found anything. Anyway thank you for reading.

I love my HTC one :)

Thanks

Yeah this has been discussed (too much in my opinion) since the phone comes out. See the most recent thread below. Luckily I have a custom Rom that removes it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=282414

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87