Locked Out of Phone, forgot original Gmail password

Penny Phillips

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem that you are. I have pictures and info on my phone that I do not want to loose. My phone company told me I would have to reset. The weird thing is that I just set my pattern 2 days ago and when I tried to do open it with that pattern it said it was wrong. I hope someone can tell us how we can fix this problem
:(:(

Obindo Bukola

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been locked out of my Techno D3 phone and was asked to sign in with my Google account which I cannot remember. I've also tried changing my password but was still unable to unlock my phone. Please help me, I have some information I do not want to loose on the phone.

Thank you.

Rohan Gupta4

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Firstly connect your device with your desktop or laptop by using USB cord, but make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your device after that go to ADB Command prompt and type the following commands.
Commands:-
• Adbshell
• cd/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
• sqlite3 settings.db
• update system set value=0 where name=’lockpatternautolock’;
• update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedout permanently’;
• .quit
(link removed by Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

WildHeart541

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I see this was posted in 2013, but it is now 2016 and I just went through the same thing and found an answer after also being on the phone with AT&T, HTC, and finally someone at Google who helped me understand what happened. I lost my phone, so I locked my device remotely. It was returned and I unlocked it, but could not remember my Google password (of course). I did a soft reset and a hard reset, it didn't matter. I kept getting stuck at Google. They said when a security point like incorrect password, or a reset occurs on the phone, then you request to change your G-Mail password at the same time, it puts a 72 hour lock on your phone. If you can reset your Google password online and remember it after the 72 hour period, it is easy. It's just to prevent someone who stole your phone from accessing your Google account as well, which is very smart. I hope this helps someone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89