Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Locked Out of Phone, forgot original Gmail password

I recently got permanently locked out of my HTC One X after too many incorrect pattern attempts. I'm currently at a screen that is requesting that I log in with my Gmail username and password. I haven't logged into Gmail since I originally made the account, which was when I first bought the phone (1 yr ago). Since I knew for a fact that I wasn't going to remember what the password was, I went onto my computer and changed the password. The new password is not being accepted which leads me to believe that it will only accept the password that was active when the phone was locked in the first place. I've called AT&T, HTC and Google... all of which told me my only option was a factory reset. Because I have pictures and videos of my recent Prom and other precious documents on the phone, it makes it hard for me to accept a factory reset as my only option. Any help on this subject would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Laurie Gunshore; 06-04-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Default Re: Locked Out of Phone, forgot original Gmail password

Are you sure you're talking about the HTC One? You said you got the phone a year ago the phone has only been out for just over a month.

Also, did you ever link up a secondary email to your Gmail for emergency access? If so, you can have an email sent to that email with your password.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie Gunshore View Post
    I recently got permanently locked out of my HTC One after too many incorrect pattern attempts. I'm currently at a screen that is requesting that I log in with my Gmail username and password. I haven't logged into Gmail since I originally made the account, which was when I first bought the phone (1 yr ago). Since I knew for a fact that I wasn't going to remember what the password was, I went onto my computer and changed the password. The new password is not being accepted which leads me to believe that it will only accept the password that was active when the phone was locked in the first place. I've called AT&T, HTC and Google... all of which told me my only option was a factory reset. Because I have pictures and videos of my recent Prom and other precious documents on the phone, it makes it hard for me to accept a factory reset as my only option. Any help on this subject would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    The HTC One isn't even a year old, maybe you meant the HTC One X?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Go onto a computer to google's website and click on the forgot password link. They should send you a new one via an alternate email address (you can use a new gmail address if you make one).

Login on the computer to your gmail account, change the password to something you will remember.

Then log out and wait a few minutes. Then try the new password on the phone. You should be able to log in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by GMJeff View Post
    Go onto a computer to google's website and click on the forgot password link. They should send you a new one via an alternate email address (you can use a new gmail address if you make one).

Login on the computer to your gmail account, change the password to something you will remember.

Then log out and wait a few minutes. Then try the new password on the phone. You should be able to log in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    ? What? Sorry this won't work.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    return_0 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No, unfortunately I didn't set up a secondary g-mail. I did purchase the phone last August. I thank you for taking the time.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No, unfortunately I did not set up a secondary gmail and I did purchase the phone August of 2012. Thank you for taking the time.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I thank everyone for trying to help! I see now I forgot the "X." It is a HTC 1X. I tried calling Google, but after almost an hour, thinking they were helping me, all they were trying to do was sell me a protection plan for my PC. I have changed my password and can get on my account on line, but not on my phone. The phone will only take the original password. I can't believe there is not some kind of back up on this phone or that Google can't email me my password or over ride the account. Again, thanks alot for trying!!!!

hello im locked out of my phone and it tells me that I have to put in my google account but the thing is that I forget got my google account stuff

I forgotmy email im locked out of my phone need help

I recently got permanently locked out of my INTEX ibuddy connect tab after too many incorrect pattern attempts. I'm currently at a screen that is requesting that I log in with my Gmail username and password. I haven't logged into Gmail since I originally made the account, which was when I first bought the phone (1 yr ago). Since I knew for a fact that I wasn't going to remember what the password was, I went onto my computer and changed the password. All of which told me my only option was a factory reset. Because I have pictures and videos of my recent Prom and other precious documents on the phone, it makes it hard for me to accept a factory reset as my only option. Any help on this subject would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Rincon Jr142013 View Post
    hello im locked out of my phone and it tells me that I have to put in my google account but the thing is that I forget got my google account stuff
    Lol. In the mean time you could be driving a golf baller scrapper playing with your favorite chew toys (BALLS)

i am so worried my cloudfon is lock due to that pattern i make, it lead me to my gmail account w/c i really forgot was it is... how can i retrieve it when even my altrnative email i seem not remember... helpout pls...
    Banned

Quit stealing phones! Problem solved

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    shadow536 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy13 View Post
    quit stealing phones! Problem solved

sent from my htcone using tapatalk 4
    bahahahahaha

This thread is comforting. Seriously, the phones are locking themselves down like they are suppose to. Anything less would be terrible security.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    shadow536 likes this.

my son locked me out of my phone and changed my pass code its a number code too. ive attempted to unlock it 225 times and its still not coming up to the screen where i log in with my gmail. what can i do?

Unfortunately, if there is a pin or password lock on the phone, you HAVE to do a master reset, or get the password right.

Posted via Android Central App

Also, if there is a pattern lock, and now you have the phone locked, do NOT change the Gmail password. If you do, the phone wont match the password (old/original Gmail password), stored on the phone, ever. You must then do a master reset. You can change the Gmail password if you forget it, but BEFORE you happen to get locked out of the phone. Hope this helps. FYI, there are many recovery options you can use with Gmail. You can use your mobile number, any working email, security questions, etc. Gmail recovery is a REALLY good program. Bottom line, if you are forgetful, or don't use services often, take precautions. Don't go: "Hey, I'm going to lock my house up, and my car, set my keys somewhere, and not bother to remember where." or "I am going to put a password on my computer, but not remember it, but I'm also not going to bother locking my computer... Oh crap, my son just locked my computer...."

Posted via Android Central App

Sounds to me like you stole the phone and are trying to get into it. No way you've had this phone for a year; it's only been out six months. Sorry, go fish in another pond.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I had the same problem because I forgot my password. It happens to all of us, you might have forgotten your password or username and now need to recover it or in other instances, you might have been hacked or left your account open somewhere. But, there is no need to worry, this tutorial will help you get your account back by following a couple of simple steps. I was able to recover my Gmail account following this tutorial:
    Recover your Gmail account | Gmail Login
    Last edited by Roberto Gil; 04-28-2014 at 06:10 PM.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][/FONT\ I forgot my password and username to m phone I have a android Huawei and I had to accounts but I forgot both of them .

I need help like asap

can google use my imei number to create a new gmail username and password for my htc phone

my phone locked due to pattern mistake please give suggestion to retrive
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast