AT&T HTC One - Gmail app not sending attachment even under 25mb

Fire4Effect

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I shot some video today on my HTC one and wanted to email it to a friend. The size is UNDER 25mb (around 24.5) and it's just sits in my outbox trying to send. Not to mention if I remove it from the outbox I have actually uninstall gmail (the updates anyways) and re-install them in order for mail to sync properly again. If I don't it acts as if it's still trying to send it out when I try to sync even though it's been removed from the outbox. Tried force closing, rebooting, clearing the cache..only thing that worked was a re-install. Anyone else have trouble sending larger attachments through the gmail app? Also I am on WiFi so speed shouldn't be an issue.

killer20200

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem since I remember. Taking photos, trying to send a few, its over 25mb, so the app adds just 3 to send, instead the 10 I wanted, I'm checking and its now ~23 mb etc. Then it stucks in my outbox forever and I cannot download new emails. Because of that, for 3 years I'm now checking mails via website instead of this damn app. Yesterday I finally found a solution. For me works clearing whole data in Settings/apps/gmail/clear all data. But gmail app works only untill I want to send email with attachments bigger than ~5-10mb. It sucks, so I will stay with the browser with mail.google.com as a home site. For me it was the same on Htc one v, Htc one x, and now Xperia z1. Tried different gmail accounts. So it is definitely google's fault and app is broken, not the problem with my account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non