1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moving from Iphione To unlocked HTC One

I'll do a search but looking for some quick recommendations for a new user going from iPhones last 4 years to my first droid.
    Thanks in advance
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: Moving from Iphione To unlocked HTC One

Go here and join, You will find everything you need but reading is the key. Read read and read some more and ask before you do anything you dont fully understand. Its much easier than fixing something later

Ry

Global Posts
    7,182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidtkt View Post
    I'll do a search but looking for some quick recommendations for a new user going from iPhones last 4 years to my first droid.
    Thanks in advance
    First thing that comes to mind is to make sure iMessage is off and disabled before the switch.

Issues with texts after moving to Android from iPhone? Here's an easy fix! | Android Central
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    First thing that comes to mind is to make sure iMessage is off and disabled before the switch.
    Wish I had know about that before my wife made the switch. She was ready to toss her new HTC One Mini out the window. Another reason iHate iDiots who iNvented iOS and iPhones.
    Update: If all else fails, call Apple Support (in US 800-694-7466). They are aware of this fiasco of screwing up texting for iMessage users whose contacts switch from iPhone to Android.
    In a thread on an Apple forum, one poster claimed that changing your password on your Apple ID would reset the iMessage for the iPhone associated with your account to off. Another poster claimed it worked. I tried it yesterday morning.
    In the evening after testing and a sender with an iPhone got a "not delivered" response to his text, I called Apple. Rep stated that the number was "challenged" (whatever that means) and that the problem should go away in 24 hours. Damn, I can buy a burger at McDonalds with my credit card and it shows up on my account immediately. It takes Apple 24 hours to fix their problem with the iMessage system? A rep can't push a key and delete the number from the system immediately?
    iNcompetent. iNsane. iNfuriating!
    Last edited by TWC42; 02-01-2014 at 05:46 AM.