Waiting on AT&T for my update....Until NOW, Monday 2/24/14

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Waiting on AT&T for my update....

AT&T got the Kit Kat update out for the Motorola X before some of the other carriers. I think a lot of it has to do with the phone maker and when they release their version to the carrier to test and tweak.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

AT&T got the Kit Kat update out for the Motorola X before some of the other carriers. I think a lot of it has to do with the phone maker and when they release their version to the carrier to test and tweak.

HTC released the software to at&t, sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile at the same time. Sprint and Verizon have pushed the update already.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Kind of a guessing game now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

From the way it sounds t mobile will have it this week making us last.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

From the way it sounds t mobile will have it this week making us last.

I wasn't expecting this since at&t was second with 4.3. Really a let down

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

The goal is for this week. Although they do seem more enthusiastic that it will be on T-Mobile this week for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site

This is one of the reasons I left Verizon. They take forever with updates.. But AT&T last with this update? I'm sure there's a good reason.. Maybe... But Booooo!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

clubbstudios

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, I'm surprised more people aren't upset by this extended delay by AT&T.

Then again, 'Big Blue' rarely, if ever, keeps its customers/reporters in the loop regarding update release dates so, unless someone like Mo Versi, HTC USA or another credible inside source says anything specific (right now, they're still toting the line of "working hard with AT&T... [blah blah blah]"), I believe all of these "sources" are just speculating... Clearly the writers cited earlier were wrong in every single report that suggested any date prior to today, because the update still hasn't arrived.

I'm curious, though -- do most people on AT&T not have the HTC One? Or perhaps most HTC One users have the GPE or Unlocked/Dev/International edition, or perhaps use a different carrier?

My questions might sound ridiculous; sorry, I'm new to Android and haven't yet got a grasp on the breakdown of the carrier & device distribution yet, aside from carrier exclusives, of course. It was easy to tell who had what phone on BB, in part due to the frequent grievances about updates via my previous peers on Crackberry.com :)

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

i just got it and i have thought about rooting, but im not sure why i would do that. as far as the update goes, i never expect to get it. not after having the atrix and waiting for an update to that. what a long *** wait that was.

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

have a one on at&t. not gpe or dev. they have gotten the update.
sprint, Verizon and soon T-Mobile will have It. at&t is taking more time than normal.
waiting for the rumored htc one 2 perhaps. but that's not due for another few weeks.
I follow Jason Mackenzie and Mo Versi and neither has posted much beyond the
boilerplate response that htc is working with htc to get KK out.

c'mon already.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Looks like it's been delayed again.
"Jason Mackenzie ‏@JasonMacHTC: @weatherman0529 @ATT @theHTCOne it's in testing. I've asked @htc to update anticipated push date early next week. @moversi"

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I guess they should of not promised a release date.

clubbstudios

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Of course they promised! Why not? It's not like anybody holds AT&T to its promises, as anybody in a contract would have to pay anywhere between 150-300 dollars to make a point by leaving them as a carrier, and it's not like HTC or any news source are about to drop them either. :(

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Of course they promised! Why not? It's not like anybody holds AT&T to its promises, as anybody in a contract would have to pay anywhere between 150-300 dollars to make a point by leaving them as a carrier, and it's not like HTC or any news source are about to drop them either. :(

i have to say you are both right. they shouldnt promise a release date if they cannot meet it. but with that said, it's not like people are going to spend the money to get out of a contract over ANOTHER broken promise of a release date.

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

htc made good on one thing. being more transparent. now, if they could light a fire under at&t's **** and get KK ota sooner than later.
already 14 days past due. c'mon.

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Well in positive news, HTC has announced that they plan to update all flagships for two years after release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress